Representatives for director/rapper Ice Cube have confirmed that a new “Friday” is in the works with actor Chris Tucker.
TMZ.com spoke to a member of Ice Cube’s production company Cube Vision, who confirmed that the project was in the works.
“Absolutely yes the studio is in the process of getting the entire original cast to do another ‘Friday.’ [Ice Cube] is very excited about this and has every intention to make it happen,” the rep stated.
Ice Cube released the first of the three “Friday” franchise films in 1995.
The original “Friday,” which starred Chris Tucker, grossed a total of $28 million.
The sequel to the film, “Next Friday” was released in 2000 and starred Mike Epps. The film grossed over $59 million.
The last installment, “Friday After Next,” hit theaters in 2002 and grossed a total of $33 million at the box office.
“I want to deliver it, but I don’t want to deliver what you’ve seen already,” Ice Cube told AllHipHop.com in August of 2010. We gotta have Chris in it.”
According to sources, Chris Tucker has yet to sign an official contract binding him to the fourth installment of “Friday.”
To buy your tickets to Z1079 WHITE OUT CONCERT click?here!
GET YOUR Z POINTS UP TO WIN WHITE OUT TIX. ALSO TEXT ‘WO’ TO ’7700′ FOR DETAILS ST8 TO YOUR PHONE…THE WHITE OUT IS ON ITS WAY……….. SO GET READY!!!
Most Popular Articles
- Matt Breaks His Silence on Gloria’s Split: Claims She “Smashed the Homie”
- Chris Brown Temporarily Says Goodbye to Twitter Over Rihanna
- Lauren London Pregnant By The Dream?!
- Basketball Wives Miami Adds 2 New Cast Members!
- VIDEO: Rocsi Talks About Being Sexually Harassed By Lil Webbie
- Nicki Minaj & Cher Twitter Beef!
- Fight! Fight! Reality TV Gets Even Real’er!
- Rocsi of 106 & Park Finally Speaks Out About Webbie Harrassing Her! [VIDEO]
- Beyonce, 6 Months Pregnant In “Countdown” Video
- SMH! Los Angeles Rapper Murders Rival Rapper….Over Twitter! [VIDEO]