Veteran Chicago-area narcotics detectives, John Cichy, 30; Matthew Hudak, 29 and Terrance O’Brien, 47, have all been arrested on charges of partnering with street drug dealers to manufacture and deliver illegal drugs, criminal drug conspiracy, official misconduct and armed theft and violence, reports ABC Chicago.
A a joint investigation by DuPage County and federal officials initiated on January 2 concluded that the officers asked an informant to sell marijuana and cocaine on their behalf that they had confiscated from other dealers but never submitted as evidence.
Want to Keep Up With Z1079? LIKE Us On Facebook!
The Huffington Post has more:
The suspects were reportedly heard discussing their schemes in undercover audio and video recordings played in court Thursday, according to the Chicago Tribune.
A fourth individual — Nicole Brehm, O’Brien’s girlfriend — was also charged in the investigation. O’Brien reportedly also has a wife and three children, according to ABC.
Schaumburg Police Chief Brian Howerton said in a statement that his department and the village “have been in contact with the DuPage County State’s Attorney’s Office and it has pledged its ongoing assistance to investigators going forward,” CBS Chicago reports. The department has also launched an internal investigation into the theft.
The officers, who were placed on administrative leave during the investigation, are being held on $750,000 bond and face up to 40 years in prison each.
- The Plot Thickens: Notre Dame’s Manti Te’o Admits He Knew “Catfish” Girlfriend Was A Hoax
- NBA BEEF: Carmelo Anthony And Kevin Garnett Playing Together In All-Star Game
- Rickey Smiley: Another Perspective On The Manti Te’o Dead/ Fake Girlfriend Scandal [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- ATL Momma’s Go In: Keyshia Cole’s Momma, Frankie, Put The Paws On Lil Scrappy’s Mama Dee [GRAPHIC VIDEO]
- Shots Fired: Wendy Williams Goes In On American Idol – Nicki & Mariah Fued
Originally seen on http://newsone.com/