Oprah Winfrey once reigned as the Queen of Talk, however ever since she stepped down from her beloved talkshow in 2011, other media personalities like Steve Harvey have worked to fill the void.
Some critics have labeled the “Steve Harvey” show host the new Oprah, and according to a recent interview with Extra, the comedian said he loves the comparison.
As far as every one saying he’s the heir the Oprah’s daytime television throne, Harvey said: “I’ll take it. If they can just hand it to me, I’ll take it!”
“I appreciate the compliment and all but I’m the next little O,” he said. “We aren’t trying to reinvent the wheel here. Everyone is just trying to do what Oprah did and I think everybody is finding out that they can’t. That’s what I really think is happening.”
The King of Comedy recently sat down with the media mogul on his talk show and he described her as “one of those once-in-a-lifetime people.”
Here’s a little bit of what Oprah had to say on the show:
“I got a little choked up seeing you guys today, because what I really miss is the camaraderie with the audience every day… I did that for 25 years, ” she said. “When I look back at the body of work, those of you who watched us for years, it’s astounding.”
To see the full interview, tune in to “Steve Harvey” on April 26.
- Lauryn Hill Writes Letter Of Explanation For Unpaid Taxes
- Rapper Claims Kentucky Police Brutality & Racial Profiling [Graphic Photos Inside]
- Why Are Black People Always Late: Race, Stereotypes, & America [Original]
- 2013 NFL First Round Draft [Full List]
- Beyonce Gets Wet In A Bikini For H&M [PHOTOS]
- WTF! Jailed Gang Leader Has Fathered FIVE Children With FOUR Female Prison Guards
- The Ugliest Beyonce Faces Of ALL Time! Funny Faces When Performing
Check Out This Gallery