Looks like Chris Brown has found himself on the wrong side of the law once again.
On Friday, the singer made an appearance in a Los Angeles court room to discuss the claims that he submitted fraudulent community service hours. He attended the meeting with his lawyer and the prosecutor, however after 35 minutes of discussion, the judge granted the lawyer more time to look at “additional discovery” in his case.
As we previously reported, a probation violation case was filed against Brown in February. Prosecutors are accusing the 23-year-old on cheating on his 180 days of community service, which he was ordered after pleading guilty to assaulting Rihanna in 2009.
According to CNN, District Attorney Jackie Lacey says the paperwork Brown submitted to prove his community serve labor was “at best sloppy documentation and at worst fraudulent reporting.” He also claims that the “Look At Me Now” singer was not in town on the days he reported.
If Brown loses the case, the prosecution is requesting he restarts his 1,400 community service hours under supervision.
His next court date is scheduled for June 10.
- FUNNY: #TurnDownForWhat? We’ll Show You… [VIDEO] #WordEyeHeard TV
- Introducing….Halle Berry’s Baby Bump! [PHOTO]
- Do You Agree? Snoop (Dogg) Lion Says Rap and Gay Don’t Mix [POLL]
- Michael Jordan’s Alleged Baby Mama Re-Filing Paternity Suit
- Look at TJ’s #KickItFlicks and Post YOURS! [PHOTOS]
- Meek Mill Turns Up The Strip Club [PHOTOS]
- Big Sean Speaks On Kid Cudi Leaving G.O.O.D Music [VIDEO]
Check Out This Gallery
SMDH! Chris Brown Back In Court For Probation Violation Case was originally published on hellobeautiful.com