President Obama is finally weighing in on whether he or the White House gave Beyonce and Jay-Z clearance to travel to Cuba.
“I wasn’t familiar that they were taking the trip,” the president says in an interview with Today’s Savannah Guthrie that aired Wednesday on the NBC morning show. “My understanding is I think they went through a group that organizes these educational trips down to Cuba. You know, this is not something the White House was involved with. We’ve got better things to do.”
As previously reported, the Treasury Department had fully authorized Jay-Z and Beyonce’s recent visit to the impoverished island as an educational and cultural exchange.
In his sitdown with Savannah, the President also addressed subjects that I think is more pressing that Jay & Bey’s vacay, getting bipartisan support for gun control and immigration legislation.
- Iyanla Vanzant’s Open Letter to DMX (Watch)
- Another Rapper Arrested For Allegedly Beating Live-In Girlfriend
- Marlon On Kevin Hart’s DUI: He Got Drunk Because ‘He’s The Size Of A Penis’
- 15 Women Who Don’t Love Beyonce
- The 5 Women Kendrick Lamar Would Spit Poetic Justice To [VIDEO]
- Is Basketball Wives Getting Cancelled ??
- Lil Wayne’s Assets in Jeopardy From QJIII Lawsuit