Masters of The Mic
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
The Masters of The Mic contest (“Contest”) will begin on Feb 2, 2014 and end on March 1, 2016
(“Contest Period”). Listeners will be encouraged to upload their clean edit song to
zhiphopcleveland.com. Each week one (1) winner will be chosen on Thursday as the Master of the Mic track of
the week and awarded the opportunity to be introduced on-air during the Masters of the Mic 30 second promo
throughout the week on Saturday thru Friday. Winner will also be awarded entry for two (2) to the Anatomy
UltraLounge night club for the following Saturday at 1299 W. 9th Street Cleveland, Ohio 44118 ($20 value).
HOW TO ENTER / EXECUTION:
Listeners of WENZ-FM (“Station”) who are legal residents of the United States residing within
the Cleveland, Ohio metropolitan area, and are 21 years of age and older will be able to take
part in this Contest. To participate in the Contest, listeners must do the following:
1. Listeners will be encouraged to upload their “original song”. To have your music
considered for possible airplay, upload your clean song in mp3 format (no industry
beats; artist must be from Cleveland, OH; no DJ tags or drops in the records). The
submission has to be a full edited version. (NO PROFANITY OF ANY KIND.).
2. Contest participants must register online through the Station’s website at
3. Participants must include their name, date of birth, address, phone number, email
address, and any optional or additional contact information, as requested, to register
for a chance to win.
4. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a participant’s online entry, the entry
will be deemed to have been made by the authorized holder of the email account at
the time the entry was made.
5. Submitted entries must be appropriate for all audiences, and must meet the below listed Entry Requirements.
6. If you have someone who manages you, they are welcome to discuss your project with
Z1079 at 216-579-1111 attn Bill Black. Your song submission should be from an
upcoming release (album/mixtape/EP) and be available to the public
7. You must have some visual presence on the internet from a reliable source. You must
have a business plan associated with your single
8. Keep the Station informed of appearances/events/placements/shows that you might be a part of at @z1079 on Twitter.
9. Entries will be reviewed for eligibility with 48 hours. At the sole discretion of the WENZ internal staff,
one (1) winner will be chosen each week from among all eligible entries received
electronically. Winners will be notified by phone and / or email.
10. Please only submit one (1) song per submission period.
11. Prizes will be awarded only upon winner verification and final approval by the Station.
12. Winners will be notified via website posting and on-air promo.
14. All decisions made by the Station and Blue Chip Broadcasting Ltd (“Company”)
management regarding any aspect of this Contest are final.
15. By uploading a submission and entering this Contest, each participant represents and
warrants to be bound by the Official Contest rules, and that they are authorized to and
have the rights to submit the content within the entry.
• Entries may not be patently offensive, illegal, pornographic or obscene, or similarly
inappropriate in the Station’s sole discretion
• Entries must not contain lewd or sexual content or references
• Submissions may not infringe upon any rights of any third party including without
limitation, copyright, trademark and right of publicity or privacy
• Entries must not contain commercial products (e.g., clothing, toys, food) and/or
their trademarks, brands, logos or endorsements
• Entries must be produced and solely owned by the contestant submitting the entry
• Entries must be unpublished and not have been submitted in other competitions
• Submissions must not contain: unnecessary violence, derogatory characterizations
of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups, humiliate other people (publicly or
otherwise), or otherwise assault or threaten others
• If individuals in addition to the contestant are featured in the entry, each entrant
warrants and represents that the entrant has obtained permission from each
person who appears in the submission
Audio and images that meet the above-listed requirements will be selected, in the sole discretion of Company management, from among all eligible entries received and will be posted on the contest website for public voting. Listeners will be instructed to vote on the posted audio weekly starting the week of February 2, 2015 (“Voting Period”). The Voting Period will end at 11:59am EST on February 13, 2015. The winner will be determined based upon the amount of votes the candidate receives from online peers/users. The candidate that receives the highest number of votes will be deemed the winner. One vote per person per day during the Voting Period. Any attempt by an entrant and/or his/her family/ friends to vote more than the number of times authorized by using multiple names or email address and/or any other fraudulent mechanism, as determined by the participating radio stations in their sole discretion, shall give the participating radio stations the right to disqualify the entrant in their reasonable discretion. All decisions made by the participating radio stations shall be final.
1. The Contest is open to listeners of the Station who are 18 years of age and older and
are legal residents of the United States residing within the Cleveland, Ohio
metropolitan area. 2. Employees of the Station, the Company, its subsidiaries, affiliates, general sponsors,
advertisers, competitors, promotional partners, other radio stations in the Cleveland,
Ohio metropolitan area, and members of the immediate families or those living in the
same households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to
participate or win in this Contest. For purposes of this Contest, immediate family
members mean spouses, parents, grandparents, children, and siblings and their
3. Participants may only win once during this Contest.
4. Persons who have won a prize in another contest or promotion of any kind from the
Station within the thirty (30) day period immediately preceding the start date of this
Contest are not eligible to participate. Only one person per family or household
(whether related or not) may win in any promotion from the Station during any thirty
(30) day period.
1. The following Prize elements will be awarded:
Winner will be featured as the Masters of the Mic track of the week and awarded the
opportunity of being introduced on-air during the Master Of The Mic promo on-air on Friday thru Thursday.
-Winner will also be awarded entry for two (2) to the Anatomy UltraLounge night club
for the following Saturday at 1299 W. 9th Street Cleveland, Ohio 44118 ($20 value).
2. Transportation to and from the event venue, meals, beverages, souvenirs, and
incidentals are the responsibility of the winner.
3. Dates and times of concerts, events, and activities promoted by event sponsors are
subject to change and those changes are deemed to be beyond the control of the
Station. Changes of venue, cancellation of engagements by performing artists, and/or
their management may be permanent in nature. The Station is not obligated to make
any effort to find an alternative prize under these circumstances.
4. Prize will not be mailed. Unless otherwise provided, Prize must be claimed at the
Station’s offices by no later than 5pm on March 1, 2016, or the Prize will be forfeited.
5. No substitution of Prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted and
non-cash Prizes may not be redeemed for cash value, except as determined by
Station management and/or the sponsor in its sole discretion.
6. All Contest winners must sign and date official Station release and waiver forms as
requested. Failure to do so will result in winner forfeiting the Prize.
7. If for any reason a Contest winner decides not to accept the Prize awarded, the winner
will be required to sign a release form acknowledging forfeiture of the Prize. It will be
at the discretion of the Contest sponsor and / or Contest administrator if another
entrant is to be selected as the winner if time permits.
1. Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the
2. Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of
the calendar year for tax purposes and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS as
required by law.
3. No purchase necessary. Contest is void where prohibited. Contest is subject to all
applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
4. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entrants participating during the
5. By participating in the Contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice,
or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Contest, in
any media now known or hereafter devised for advertising or promotional purposes
without additional compensation, and must sign a publicity release prior to acceptance
of the Prize. By entering this Contest, each participant agrees to comply with the
Official Rules and the decisions of the Contest sponsor which shall be final and binding
in all aspects relating to the Contest.
6. All Contest winners will be required to sign a liability release prior to acceptance of any
prize. Pursuant to the liability release, the winner or winners will agree to hold the
Station, the Company, any other Contest parties and each of their respective affiliates,
subsidiaries, agencies, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and
representatives of each of the foregoing, harmless against any and all claims or
liability, directly or indirectly related to or arising from or in connection with Contest
participation or the acceptance, possession or use / misuse of awarded Prize or any
portion thereof, or participation in Prize-related activities, including but not limited to
any related travel.
7. Winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other
government-issued photo I.D.) to claim the Prize.
8. The Station retains the right to disqualify any entrant if all Contest rules are not
followed. Contest void if prohibited by law.
9. So long as no participant is materially adversely affected, the Station reserves the right
to make changes in these Contest rules, which will become effective upon being
announced on the air and / or posted online.
10. The Station, the Company, participating sponsors and their respective parent
companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are
not responsible for the inability of any entrant to complete or continue a telephone call,
internet registration or text entry due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent
disconnections, unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other
connections, communication failures or human error that may occur in the
transmission, receipt or processing of entries, including any injury or damage to any
computer arising from or relating to participation in this Contest. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries, and
may subject that entrant to disqualification.
11. By accepting the Prize, the winner acknowledges that the Station and the Company
have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty,
representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prize
or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or
fitness for a particular purpose.
12. The Station, the Company, its subsidiaries, its affiliates, participating sponsors and
promotional partners will not assume any responsibility for any changes in the
execution of the Contest, including cancellation of the Contest as a result of the
occurrence of events not within the control of the Station, the Company, its
subsidiaries, affiliates, participating sponsors, promotional partners and other radio
stations, such as acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts or criminal acts of third parties. In
the event such an act should occur, the Station may in its sole discretion, offer the
winner comparable prize(s) currently being offered by the Station in lieu of the Prize
13. If for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without
limitation, any suspected evidence of tampering or technological corruption or if any
portion of the Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, worms or unauthorized human
intervention, fraud, an insufficient number of qualified Contest entries, or any other
causes beyond the Station and the Company, control which, in the Station and the
Company’s sole opinion, corrupts, threatens or impairs the administration, security,
fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, the Station and the Company
reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest at their sole
14. Copies of Contest rules are available upon request during regular business hours,
Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., in the offices of the Station, located at 6555 Carnegie Ave Cleveland Ohio .