Some things don’t change. Forbes released its annual list of highest paid hip-hop figures, and Diddy is still the No. 1 mogul with a net worth of $735 million. The man born Sean Combs is still standing strong atop of an empire that includes a TV station, a clothing line, Ciroc and an infamous record label, among others.
Dr. Dre is gaining up on Diddy, though. Although the Beats Music streaming service is underperforming, the brand is still standing strong. After his claim of being hip-hop’s first billionaire turned out to be false (thanks taxes), Dr. Dre stands at $700 million.
Jay Z is No. 3 with $550 million, and that could change quickly depending on if TIDAL picks up ground. 50 Cent and Birdman follows with $155 million and $150 million, respectively.
Hip-hop will have its first billionaire soon enough. But for now, Diddy is the king with nine figures.
PHOTOS OF THE DAY: Cassie, Diddy, Kim Kardashian, & More
1. Rob Gronkowski of the New England Patriots throws footballs into the crowd at the L.A. Clippers game on Monday.Source:Splash News 1 of 10
2. Amber Rose was an angel as she headed into the strip club Ace Of Diamonds in L.A.Source:Splash News 2 of 10
3. Ty Dolla $ign & Trey Songz celebrated with Hennessy V.S at Trey's after concert party at Greystone Manor in L.A.Source:Hennessy 3 of 10
4. Everything on fleek, literally. Gwen Stefani brings baby Apollo to an acupuncture session in Los Angeles.Source:Splash News 4 of 10
5. Rita Ora rocked all black everything at LAX Airport in Los Angeles, California.Source:Splash News 5 of 10
6. Blonde Kim Kardashian left the Royal Monceau hotel during Paris Fashion Week.Source:Splash News 6 of 10
7. The always chic Jessica Alba was casually stunning as she arrived at LAX.Source:Splash News 7 of 10
8. Liv was lit as Diddy and his bae Cassie shared a sweet moment in the club.Source:Thaddeus McAdams 8 of 10
9. Cara Delevingne kept it chill as Kendall Jenner let it all out during the Chanel show as part of Paris Fashion Week.Source:Getty 9 of 10
10. Common flashes a smile and points on the red carpet of the "Run All Night" premiere in New York.Source:Getty 10 of 10
MORE LINKS ON THE URBAN DAILY