Jimmy Carlton Winfrey has been sentenced to 20 years after being found guilty for shooting at Lil Wayne‘s tour buses back in April.
Winfrey will spend 10 years in prison and another 10 years on probation after pleading guilty and reaching a plea deal with prosecutors. No one was hurt in the Atlanta incident and so far, Winfrey is the only one facing charges, though there was speculation that rappers Young Thug and Birdman may have tried to have Wayne killed.
From Rolling Stone:
Winfrey was initially indicted on 30 counts stemming from the April shooting, but as per the deal, he only pleaded guilty to six gang-related charges, TMZ reports. No one was injured in the incident. Winfrey is the only one so far to face charges for the April 26th shooting, even though Cash Money CEO Bryan “Birdman” Williams and rapper Young Thug were named as Winfrey’s associates.
When news of Winfrey’s lengthy prison sentence hit, famed rapper and businessman 50 Cent expressed his clear disdain in a bevy of Instagram videos that have since been deleted.
50 mocked Atlanta’s judicial system for giving Winfrey jail time when no one was hurt, acting out scenes in which he himself might go to jail for almost shooting someone in ATL.
He ended the long, hilarious rant with this video:
What are your thoughts on Winfrey?
PHOTO & VIDEO CREDIT: Getty, Instagram
Father & Son: 13 Photos Of Lil Wayne & Birdman In Great Spirits
1. Because bros have each other's backs.1 of 13
2. Because bros hit the stage together.2 of 13
3. Because bros tell each other jokes.3 of 13
4. Because bros pose for pics together.4 of 13
5. Because bros style on 'em in photo shoots.5 of 13
6. Because bros shine together.6 of 13
7. Because bros give bros hugs.7 of 13
8. Because bros squash the beef no matter what.8 of 13
9. Because bros make hits together.9 of 13
10. Because bros rap together.10 of 13
11. Because bros endure boring events together.11 of 13
12. Because bros give each other props.12 of 13
Lil Wayne Tour Bus Shooter Sentenced To 20 Years In Prison, 50 Cent Reacts was originally published on globalgrind.com