St. Louis Rams wide receiver Stedman Bailey is in stable condition at a South Florida hospital after being shot in the head late Tuesday night.
A statement from the Rams organization confirmed there was an incident, reading: “We are aware Stedman Bailey was involved in an incident this evening. We have spoken with Stedman and he is in the hospital in critical, but stable, condition. We are gathering facts about the situation and will provide updates as we learn more.”
NFL.com reported that Bailey was sitting in a car with three family members when another car pulled up alongside and opened fire. Bailey was shot twice in the head and is scheduled to undergo surgery today. He is cooperating with authorities to find those responsible for the shooting. The driver- his cousin- was also shot and suffered life threatening injuries.
Bailey caught 12 passes for 182 yards and a touchdown in the Rams’ first eight games of this season. He’s currently serving a four-game suspension for violating the NFL’s substance abuse policy and would have been able to return to the field in just two more weeks.
SOURCE: Complex | VIDEO SOURCE: Inform
The Cutest Pictures Of NFL Star Adrian Peterson & His Adorable Football-Loving Son
1. Adrian Peterson's son, Adrian Peterson Jr., visits him at training camp.1 of 8
2. Adrian Peterson Jr. joins his dad, Minnesota Viking Adrian Peterson, on the red carpet.2 of 8
3. Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson gives his son, Adrian, a kiss on the field.3 of 8
4. Adrian Jr. meets the Vikings running backs coach, James Saxon.4 of 8
5. Little Adrian riding around and getting it in his red car.5 of 8
6. NFL Star Adrian Peterson tweeted this picture of his son: "Dear Adidas Inc, Adrian Peterson Jr is willing to discuss a possible partnership. Contact me if interested. Hahaha"6 of 8
7. Adrian Peterson Jr. is ready for war.7 of 8
8. Adrian Peterson Jr. follows in his dad's footsteps.8 of 8
Rams Wide Receiver Stedman Bailey Reportedly Shot In The Head was originally published on globalgrind.com