The family of Robert Godwin Sr., the 74-year-old man whose murder was recorded and posted to Facebook, says that Godwin was a “good man.” Police believe that Godwin was killed by Steve “Stevie Steve” Stephens in Cleveland on Easter Sunday.
Robert Godwin Jr., told WOIO-TV, “This man right here was a good man. I just hate that he’s gone.”
“I don’t know what I’m going to do. It’s not real,” he added.
According to Cleveland.com, Godwin Jr. also said he last saw his father Sunday morning when he came by to pick up basketball equipment for one of his other sons.
“He hugged my wife and me and said, ‘I’ll see you guys next time,’” Godwin Jr. said. “I said ‘OK, enjoy your Easter.’”
“I just want him caught … because he can do it to somebody else,” he added.
Godwin, a retired foundry worker, is survived by ten children, 14 grandchildren and many great-grandchildren.
HELLOBEAUTIFUL previously reported that Stephens told his mother he went on a rampage because he was angry with his ex-girlfriend Joy Lane. Stephens also claims he murdered multiple people, but police have not found anymore victims. Stephens uploaded video of the Godwin murder to Facebook around 2pm on Sunday.
Facebook eventually took it down after receiving several reports about the post.
Investigators said the killing appeared to be random and Godwin Sr.’s son confirms that he did not know Stephens or Joy Lane, Cleveland.com noted. Police are currently still searching for Stephens in as up to five states after Stephen’s cellphone released a ping in Erie, Pennsylvania, 100 miles away from the murder scene.
Our hearts go out to the Godwin family for their tragic loss.
You can help Godwin’s family by donating to their GoFundMe, here.
SOURCE: WOIO-TV; Cleveland.Com
Manhunt For Facebook Killer Widens To 5 States
What We Know: Murder-Suicide At San Bernardino School Leaves 3 Dead
Trump Fan Who Attacked Black Woman Blames #45 For ‘Urging’ Him On
Also On Z 107.9:
See The Kardashian/Jenners Dramatic Transformation Over 10 Years
24 photos Launch gallery
1. When KUWTK premiered in 2007, the Kardashian/Jenner klan was still bright eyed and bushy tailed.
1 of 24
2. Kim Kardashian
2 of 24
3. Back then, she was known as the girl from the sex tape and barely knew how to pose of the red carpet.
3 of 24
4. Kim’s Love Life
4 of 24
5. Kim & Kourtney Kardashian before KUWTK debuted (2006)
5 of 24
6. Kourtney Kardashian
6 of 24
7. But her tumultuous relationship with Scott Disick kept fans interested in her story.
7 of 24
8. 3 kids and 10 years later, hot mama Kourt is single and ready to mingle.
8 of 24
9. Khloe Kardashian
9 of 24
10. We watched her fall in love and marry Lamar Odom within 30 days — and divorce him four years later
10 of 24
11. We also saw her try to get her mojo back with some of the hottest rappers and athletes in the game after a difficult divorce.
11 of 24
12. These days, the rumoured mom-to-be is spending her days in Cleveland with boyfriend Tristan Thompson.
12 of 24
13. Kim Kardashian, Kylie Jenner, Kendall Jenner (2007)
13 of 24
14. Kendall Jenner
14 of 24
15. Back in 2013, Kendall decided to take her love for modeling seriously and now she’s the most sought after supermodel in the game.
15 of 24
16. Kylie Jenner
16 of 24
17. But about six years into the show, the rumoured mom-to-be proved that she had the potential to be the new star of the family.
17 of 24
18. Rob Kardashian
18 of 24
19. Rob Kardashian And Blac Chyna
19 of 24
20. Kris Jenner
20 of 24
21. Kris and Caitlyn Jenner
21 of 24
22. Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble
22 of 24
23. Bruce Jenner
23 of 24
24. Caitlyn Jenner
24 of 24