The incredibly rocky marriage and bitter divorce between former Spice Girl Mel B and her ex-husband Stephen Belafonte has finally come to an end, as a large spousal support payment was recently granted in Belafonte’s favor.
It’s clear that times have changed in terms of divorce court battles, as these days more women are having to cough up exorbitant amounts of money to their exes. Like Mary J. Blige before her, America’s Got Talent judge Mel B has been ordered to pay her ex-husband an extraordinary amount of spousal support—$500K to be exact.
TMZ has the full breakdown of the divorce settlement, including what is included in the $500K that Stephen Belafonte is to receive and just how long Mel B has to pay the amount:
Stephen Belafonte will haul in six figures annually from Mel B in their divorce settlement.
According to new docs filed in the case, Mel B is paying her ex-husband $15,000 per month … and that’s over the next 3 years. That works out to $180k per year, and a total of $540k.
As we reported, they struck a settlement deal in November where they share joint legal custody of their daughter, Madison. What we didn’t know was how much Mel would have to pay. She’s also paying an additional $200k for Stephen’s attorneys’ fees. That payment is due Dec. 20.
If you’ll recall, the divorce between the two was filled with a host of disturbing accusations, including drug abuse, domestic violence, forced threesomes and infidelity. Hopefully, now that this is all done they can go their separate ways…peacefully.
Check out today’s Top Stories here:
Omarosa Gives Interview On ‘Good Morning America’ After White House Exit
Rape Case Against Nelly Officially Dropped
Also On Z 107.9:
See The Kardashian/Jenners Dramatic Transformation Over 10 Years
24 photos Launch gallery
1. When KUWTK premiered in 2007, the Kardashian/Jenner klan was still bright eyed and bushy tailed.
1 of 24
2. Kim Kardashian
2 of 24
3. Back then, she was known as the girl from the sex tape and barely knew how to pose of the red carpet.
3 of 24
4. Kim’s Love Life
4 of 24
5. Kim & Kourtney Kardashian before KUWTK debuted (2006)
5 of 24
6. Kourtney Kardashian
6 of 24
7. But her tumultuous relationship with Scott Disick kept fans interested in her story.
7 of 24
8. 3 kids and 10 years later, hot mama Kourt is single and ready to mingle.
8 of 24
9. Khloe Kardashian
9 of 24
10. We watched her fall in love and marry Lamar Odom within 30 days — and divorce him four years later
10 of 24
11. We also saw her try to get her mojo back with some of the hottest rappers and athletes in the game after a difficult divorce.
11 of 24
12. These days, the rumoured mom-to-be is spending her days in Cleveland with boyfriend Tristan Thompson.
12 of 24
13. Kim Kardashian, Kylie Jenner, Kendall Jenner (2007)
13 of 24
14. Kendall Jenner
14 of 24
15. Back in 2013, Kendall decided to take her love for modeling seriously and now she’s the most sought after supermodel in the game.
15 of 24
16. Kylie Jenner
16 of 24
17. But about six years into the show, the rumoured mom-to-be proved that she had the potential to be the new star of the family.
17 of 24
18. Rob Kardashian
18 of 24
19. Rob Kardashian And Blac Chyna
19 of 24
20. Kris Jenner
20 of 24
21. Kris and Caitlyn Jenner
21 of 24
22. Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble
22 of 24
23. Bruce Jenner
23 of 24
24. Caitlyn Jenner
24 of 24