Dr. Jackie from “Married To Medicine,” stopped by “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” to talk about breast cancer. She has always been very open about her battle with breast cancer and how she survived it twice. This month is Breast Cancer Awareness month and Dr. Jackie wants to talk about ways that can help women and men find out if they have it.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
She mentioned that early detection and knowing your family history is very important. If you know that your great-grandmother or anyone in your family battled the disease it can help you when going to see your doctor. Dr. Jackie also wants people to know that doing your own breast examinations as well as going to get mammograms every year at a certain age can help as well. She mentioned that one of her youngest patients that passed from breast cancer was only 18-years-old.
Dr. Jackie also spoke about her amazing organization 50 Shades of Pink. During the month of October, she puts on a gala to help raise money to find a cure as well as some women to get treatment. Dr. Jackie believes in calling women that face breast cancer warriors and wants everyone to understand that early detection is the best protection.
Make sure you listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- More Cops Investigated In Breonna Taylor’s Killing Ahead Of Kentucky AG’s Decision
- Bobby Shmurda Denied Parole, Won’t Be Released Until 2021
- LOCAL NEWS: Menchie’s Has Shut Down Their Frozen Yogurt Spots in Northeast Ohio
- Local News: Unique Book Signing Pays Tribute to Tamir Rice
- Moneybagg Yo & Blac Youngsta Talk ‘Code Red’ & Idea Behind Ari Fletcher Voicemail On ‘Brain Dead’ [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Here’s Your Chance To Win $250 Cash In Cleveland!
- Looking At You Skip Bayless: LeBron James Claps Back At Critics Following Lakers Game 2 Win
- Bad Bunny Gives Surprise Concert On Flatbed Truck In New York City
- Emmys So Black: Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Regina King, Zendaya & More Snag Golden Lady Statuettes
- You Care: Beyoncé & Jay-Z Spotted Out For Dinner With Solange In NYC