According to the music festival’s official Twitter account, the singer will have to forgo her scheduled performances on April 13 and April 20 at the festival in Indio, California.
Text “RICKEY” to 71007 to join the Rickey Smiley Morning Show mobile club for exclusive news. (Terms and conditions).
“Due to major production delays, Solange will unfortunately no longer be performing at this year’s festival,” the Tweet read. “She sends her sincerest apologies, and looks forward to performing at Coachella in the future.”
Solange was set to perform along with other A-listers at the festival including, Ariana Grande, Childish Gambino, YG and Kanye West, to name a few.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Her appearance would have marked the third time Solange graced the Coachella stage, following last year’s surprise dance off during her sister Beyoncé’s groundbreaking set, and a 2014 performance where Beyoncé graced the stage with Solange for a short, cute dance duo routine.
The enigmatic singer and artist is known for her elaborate emphasis on production details, including set design, music arrangement and choreography. Many of her fans were looking forward to seeing what Solange would produce as the first performance following the release of her fourth studio album, When I Get Home, released in March. The album is based in jazz-fusion, soul and funk, and serves as a stream of consciousness work that encapsulates her love for the culture and Black life she observed while growing up in Houston, Texas.
While Solange will not be appearing at Coachella, her European fans can expect a series of performances during the summer.
After Solange’s name was announced as a performer in January, fans speculated new music was on the way, after she teased her album would drop in the fall during an interview in the New York Times Style Magazine. Her latest release was packaged in an elaborate social media push, first using Black Planet as the launching pad for buzz around the album. The singer later released a feature film to accompany the album, complete with visuals for all 19 songs.
Solange’s Epic Hair Evolution [PHOTOS]
1. Young Solange donned micro braids with highlights back in 2002.Source: 1 of 17
2. Solo’s braids got a little shorter and a little more burgundy.Source: 2 of 17
3. Solange took a page out of Bey’s book and opted for a honey blonde look.Source: 3 of 17
4. Her side-swept bang was all the rage back in 2004.Source: 4 of 17
5. Solo went super long and blonde in 2004.Source: 5 of 17
6. Back to black in ’06.Source: 6 of 17
7. Solange went for a more sophisticated look with these bouncy curls.Source: 7 of 17
8. Sultry and Straight.Source: 8 of 17
9. Solo was bangin’ back in ’09.Source: 9 of 17
10. Started from the bottom.Source: 10 of 17
11. Solange’s free spirit peaked with her new, short do.Source: 11 of 17
12. With the ‘fro, we get to see how gorgeous her face really is.Source: 12 of 17
13. Solo brought in 2013 with her reliable afro.Source: 13 of 17
14. She continued the year with even bigger hair.Source: 14 of 17
15. Flawless!Source: 15 of 17
16. She can do no wrong.Source: 16 of 17
ALSO TRENDING ON RICKEYSMILEYMORNINGSHOW.COM:
- Nipsey Hussle Shot To Death At Age 33
- Omari Hardwick Under Fire After Kissing Beyonce At NAACP Image Awards
- Singer Tweet Speaks Out About Why She Won’t Attend Church Anymore, Compares Her Struggle To Le’Andria Johnson’s [VIDEO]
Solange Cancels Coachella Music Festival Set Due To “Major Production Delays” was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com