Northeast Ohio residents and organizations are each doing their part to help those who are struggling in the wake of Hurricane Dorian.
Mario’s Barbershop, located on Broadview Road in Parma, is accepting items as owner Mario Innocenzi is collecting them before giving them over to FEMA.
This is the latest donation drop-off Innocenzi is hosting at his barber shop.
Also providing help is the area chapter of the American Red Cross, as WKYC.com explains:
So far, 18 trained responders have joined more than 1,900 from across the country.
By Tuesday, the Red Cross had shelters in Florida, Georgia and the Carolinas.
Article Courtesy of WKYC Channel 3 News Cleveland
First Picture Courtesy of JOSE LUIS MAGANA and Getty Images
Second Picture Courtesy of ADAM DELGIUDICE and Getty Images
Post and Third through Sixth Picture Courtesy of Facebook and WKYC Channel 3 News Cleveland
Photos: Hurricane Michael Slams Into The Florida Panhandle As Southeast US Braces
1. Florida’s Panhandle RegionSource: 1 of 22
2. Florida’s Panhandle RegionSource: 2 of 22
3. Hurricane MichaelSource: 3 of 22
4. Florida’s Panhandle RegionSource: 4 of 22
5. Florida’s Panhandle RegionSource: 5 of 22
6. Florida’s Panhandle RegionSource: 6 of 22
7. Florida’s Panhandle RegionSource: 7 of 22
8. Florida’s Panhandle RegionSource: 8 of 22
9. Florida’s Panhandle RegionSource: 9 of 22
10. Florida’s Panhandle RegionSource: 10 of 22
11. Florida’s Panhandle RegionSource: 11 of 22
12. Florida’s Gulf CoastSource: 12 of 22
13. Panama City, FloridaSource: 13 of 22
14. Category 4 storm, and counting
Source: 14 of 22
#Michael is now a fierce Category 4 hurricane, with top sustained winds of 130 mph. It may strengthen even further before landfall. No Cat 4 landfall has occurred in the Florida Panhandle in 167 years of recordkeeping. https://t.co/hbdraUzrT2 pic.twitter.com/JFe4Hh3UlX— Weather Underground (@wunderground) October 10, 2018
15. Florida’s PanhandleSource: 15 of 22
16. Orange Beach/Gulf Shores
Source: 16 of 22
These are the conditions @MaryWVTM13 and I found in Orange Beach/Gulf Shores this morning as #HurricaneMichael approaches the Florida panhandle. Winds have been gusting hard most of the morning. We'll have a live report from Orange Beach at 11am on @WVTM13 #WVTM pic.twitter.com/YraVPusp3i— Todd Eagle (@Todd_WVTM13) October 10, 2018
17. Apalachicola, FloridaSource: 17 of 22
18. Florida’s Panhandle RegionSource: 18 of 22
19. Rock Landing, Florida (near Panacea)
Source: 19 of 22
Storm surge picture from this morning around 6:30am near Rock Landing Florida (near Panacea). Can't stress this enough, these impacts from the surge is only the beginning, it's going to get higher! #Surge #FLwx #HurricaneMichael pic.twitter.com/9JHSV6syhM— NWS Tallahassee (@NWSTallahassee) October 10, 2018
20. Florida’s PanhandleSource: 20 of 22
21. Florida’s PanhandleSource: 21 of 22
22. Panama City BeachSource: 22 of 22
LOCAL NEWS: How Northeast Ohio Is Stepping Up To Help Those Affected by Hurricane Dorian was originally published on wzakcleveland.com