Usually, when shopping, especially for Christmas gifts, customers would either go online or visit any of the national stores.
This year, it could be time to support the small, local businesses in the Cleveland area.
From WEWS News 5 Cleveland:
Starting Friday, The National Council of Negro Women is hosting a “cash mob” to show support to black-owned businesses in Cleveland. A cash mob is when a group of people go to a store and support the business by buying things.
These group outings can help boost a local business that use a lot more support. It can also serve as examples for those also want to launch stores of their own in different communities, especially areas that are not properly served.
The “cash mob” initiative lasts until Friday, Dec. 6. A majority of the local, small businesses are in the recently opened BoxSpot at E. 81st and Kinsman.
To read a full list of stores and business you and a ‘cash mob’ of your own can shop and support, click here.
Article Courtesy of WEWS News 5 Cleveland
First Picture Courtesy of Marko Klaric / EyeEm and Getty Images
Second Picture Courtesy of Sam Mellish and Getty Images
Video Courtesy of YouTube and WEWS News 5 Cleveland
The Best Black Friday Beauty Deals From Black Owned Businesses
1. MENTED COSMETICSSource:Courtesy of Mented Cosmetics 1 of 11
2. JUVIA'S PLACESource:Courtesy of Juvia's Place 2 of 11
3. BOMBA CURLS FORBIDDEN OILSource:Courtesy of Bomba Curls 3 of 11
4. THE LIP BARSource:Courtesy of The Lip Bar 4 of 11
5. BLK/OPLSource:Courtesy of BlackOpalBeauty.com 5 of 11
6. PEAR NOVASource:Courtesy of Danielle James 6 of 11
7. OYIN HANDMADESource:Courtesy of Oyin Handmade 7 of 11
8. URBAN HYDRATIONSource:Courtesy of Urban Hydration 8 of 11
9. EDEN BODY WORKS9 of 11
10. LOZA TAMSource:Courtesy of Loza Tam 10 of 11
11. CAMARA AUNIQUE LASHESSource:Courtesy of Camara Aunique 11 of 11
LOCAL NEWS: How ‘Cash Mobs’ Can Support Local Businesses This Week was originally published on wzakcleveland.com