Ohio Democratic Senator Tina Maharath broke down in session today while having discussions about racism. This session was being held to further discuss the proposal to declare racism a public health crisis.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Senator Maharath fears that sending her child back to school will lead to racism due to President Trump continuing to refer to COVID-19 as “kung-flu” or the “Chinese Virus”. Senator Maharath is Ohio’s first Asian American lawmaker and serves the 3rd district.
Senator Maharath was attending an Ohio Senate Health Committee meeting and listening to guests sharing how racism has impacted their lives. Senator Maharath was taken back by the stories shared saying, “My son is 8 years old, He’s about to go to school and probably have the same thing that happened to you. It breaks my heart. It breaks my heart to know that they’re telling us to go back to China. They’re telling us this is a Chinese virus.” Senator Maharath also shared some of her feelings on Twitter
After her tweet Senator Maharath started to receive many tweets of support.
President Trump continues to stand behind his racist language as he blames China for the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Watch Inauguration Day Live: Swearing In Ceremony, Virtual Parade And More Streamed Online
- Break The Cycle: Addressing Today’s Gun Violence
- Reversing Course: Joe Biden Signs Executive Actions Dissolving Trump’s Racist Policies
- Lil Wayne Did Not Endorse Trump to Get a Pardon from Him, Says Lawyer
- Make It Count [SPONSORED]
- ‘Bachelorette’ Couple Clare Crawley and Dale Moss Breaks Off Engagement After Only Five Months!
- The Mastermind Behind Michelle Obama’s Luxurious Inauguration Curls Is DMV’s Own Yene Damtew
- Hip Hop Spot: Fat Joe and DJ Khaled Launch Joint OnlyFans Account [WATCH]
- Bakari Sellers Explains Why Money Paved The Way For Kodak & Lil Wayne’s Pardon From Donald Trump [WATCH]
- ‘The Hill We Climb’: Amanda Gorman’s Inauguration Poem Has Captivated America. Read It Here
- Who Is Amanda Gorman And How She Won The 2021 Inauguration
- What They Wore: The Obamas, VP Harris, First Lady Biden and More on Inauguration Day
Ohio Senator Breaks Down During Session Due to Racism was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com