Columbus Police Chief Officer Quinlan issued a public statement on Christmas Eve announcing that charges will be filed against Officer Adam Coy, the Columbus officer who fatally shot Andre’ Hill on Tuesday. Chiefs also recommending that Officer Coy be terminated.
In his statement, Chief Quinlan said, “Today is Christmas Eve. A time when we should be gathering with those we love. The family of Andre Hill has nothing to celebrate this holiday. Someone very important won’t be with them this holiday, or any other. A Columbus Police Officer is responsible for that. And that breaks my heart. This is why today I am announcing action to terminate Officer Adam Coy.”
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Two charges alleging critical misconduct have been filed against Officer Coy and a hearing will be held before the director of Public Safety Ned Pettus Jr. on Monday. The decision will be announced after.
Andre Hill is the second black man to die after being shot by a Columbus Police Officer in the month of December. Officer Coy was responding to a noise complaint when he encountered Hill in a garage and shot him. Hill was unarmed.
Listen to his official statement below:
- Start Your Day With The Morning Hustle!
- JT Gives Us Glam In All Black At Her First Paris Fashion Show
- Ma$e Honored With Proclamation And His Own Day In Harlem
- Chris Brown In IRS Trouble?! Owes Over $4 Million In Back Taxes?
- Lauren London Wears A Cute Little Black Dress To ‘The Night Show’
- Florida High School Students Threaten To Sue Florida And Gov. Ron DeSantis Over AP Studies Ban
- Win Tickets To See Mike Epps, DC Young Fly, Earthquake & More!
- 5 Memphis Police Officers Who Fatally Beat Tyre Nichols Charged With Murder
- White Supremacist Who Used Ax To Attack Black Man Is Sentenced For Racist Hate Crime
- Doja Cat Was Spotted In Valentino At The Brand’s Haute Couture Show
- Winnie Harlow Strikes A Pose In A Miaou Set
Columbus Police Chief “Officer Coy Must Be Terminated” Charges Filled was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com