Miya Ponsetto, the 22-year-old woman who attacked the black teenager in a New York hotel lobby, sat down with Gayle King just before being arrested. In the interview, Ponsetto apologizes and admitted she could have handled the situation differently, but the tone quickly changes making excuses for her behavior.
Yeah, the footage shows me attacking his son — attacking him how? Yelling at him? Yes. Okay. I apologized. Can we move on?
Ponsetto went on to accuse the father of the teen, Grammy-winning jazz musician Keyon Harrold, of physically attacking her. “But at the end of the day, the dad did end up slamming me to the ground and pulling my hair and throwing me and dragging me across the ground.” Ponsetto also rudely interrupted King as she asked questions throwing her hand up saying, “Alright, Gayle, enough.”
Ponsetto was arrested Thursday, January 7th in California when she was pulled over for a traffic stop. Part two of this interview with air on CBS Mornings on January 11th.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Watch The Inauguration of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris [WATCH LIVE]
- Watch Inauguration Day Live: Swearing In Ceremony, Virtual Parade And More Streamed Online
- Pardon Me: Donald Trump Pardons Lil Wayne, Kodak Black On His Way Out The White House
- What They Wore: Kamala Harris & Dr. Jill Biden at The COVID-19 Memorial Service
- 7 Random Facts You May Not Know About The Late, Great Mac Miller
- Inspectah Deck Details Attending A Wild Hollywood Party With Hidden Sex Rooms [Video]
- A Boogie Sued For Clogging The Toilets Of A Multi-Million Dollar Mansion
- Laughs In Samsung: According To Multiple Reports Apple Has A Foldable iPhone Prototype
- Pop Smoke Makes Posthumous Film Debut In Eddie Huang’s Film ‘BOOGIE’
- QuickSilva Talks Inauguration With Symone Sanders + More
Woman Who Attacked Black Teen Over Lost Phone Speaks with Gayle King was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com