Rapper Lil Wayne was one of over 100 individuals who received a pardon or a sentenced commuted from Donald Trump during the latter’s last full-day of his Presidency.
There were those that felt that Wayne’s pardon was a result of a possible deal that involved the “Bring It Back” artist endorsing Trump as part of a “deal between the two.”
Now, Wayne’s lawyer Bradford Cohen is setting the record straight on how the pardon came into fruition. Cohen adds that his client did not embrace Trump just to get a pardon. Instead, there was a “connection between the two” that played into the move.
“I think they had a very strong connection,” Cohen said. “He’s in the entertainment world. He’s got a style that’s similar in terms of the way that he carries himself, and a lot of rappers and people in the industry relate to that.”
Wayne, along with Ice Cube and Lil Pump among others, received heavy criticism for embracing and approving Trump during the final few days of the 2020 Presidential Election. Who can forget the initial meeting between the two last year.
Just had a great meeting with @realdonaldtrump @potus besides what he’s done so far with criminal reform, the platinum plan is going to give the community real ownership. He listened to what we had to say today and assured he will and can get it done. 🤙🏾 pic.twitter.com/Q9c5k1yMWf
— Lil Wayne WEEZY F (@LilTunechi) October 29, 2020
The recommendations of Trump came as he introduced the “Platinum Plan,” which many saw as a “pandering attempt” to get more votes for the now-former President.
Click here to read more.
Article Courtesy of Uproxx
First Picture Courtesy of NBC and WENN
Second Picture Courtesy of Johnny Louis and Getty Images
Tweet and Third Picture Courtesy of Twitter and Uproxx
Meet VP Kamala Harris Big Historic Blended Multi-Cultural Family!
1. Kamala Harris' mother Shyamala Gopalan Harris
1 of 16
2. Shyamala Gopalan Harris and Donald J. Harris had two children during their marriage, Kamala and Maya.
2 of 16
3. Maya Harris shares a photo with sister Kamala
3 of 16
4. VP Kamala Harris' sister Maya went on to marry Tony West.
4 of 16
5. Kamala's sister Maya Harris has one child, Meena Harris.
5 of 16
6. Meena shares a photo with her Auntie Kamala and mother Maya6 of 16
7. Kamala's niece Meena posts a selfie with hubby Nik (Nikolas Ajagu)
7 of 16
8. Meena Harris and Nikolas Ajagu share two daughters.
8 of 16
9. VP Kamala Harris great nieces Amara and Leela were Inauguration ready!
9 of 16
10. VP Kamala Harris grandparents
10 of 16
11. Attorney Douglas Emhoff is Kamala Harris Husband.Source:Getty 11 of 16
12. Doug Emhoff has two kids, Cole and Ella, from a previous marriage.
12 of 16
13. VP Kamala Harris even invited Doug's ex-wife Kerstin Emhoff to the Inauguration!
13 of 16
14. VP Kamala Harris with her husband Doug and step children Cole and Ella.
14 of 16
15. Meet Kamala Harris mother-in-law, Barbara Emhoff
15 of 16
16. Meet Kamala Harris father-in-law Michael Emhoff
16 of 16
Lil Wayne Did Not Endorse Trump to Get a Pardon from Him, Says Lawyer was originally published on wzakcleveland.com