Ohio Governor Mike DeWine has announced that the state’s curfew is being reduced by one hour.
After seven consecutive days of hospitalizations under 3,500, the curfew will start at 11 p.m. instead of 10 p.m. on Jan. 28. It will still end at 5 a.m.
It is in place to help further reduce the spread of COVID-19 in Ohio.
From WKYC 3News Cleveland:
Subsequently, should Ohio manage to remain below 3,000 hospitalizations for seven straight days, its curfew will then be pushed back to 12 a.m. for a two-week period. After that, if Ohio can keep its hospitalizations under 2,500 for seven consecutive days, the curfew would be lifted altogether.
The curfew was first announced in Ohio on Nov. 17 last year by Gov. DeWine. It came in place of another “business shutdown” that the state had done last spring.
As for the curfew itself, the purpose is to have “non-essential” establishments and organizations close during the period of those hours, which were between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m.
For a look at the original order, click here.
Click here to read more.
Article Courtesy of WBNS-TV Columbus and WKYC 3News Cleveland
First and Second Picture Courtesy of SOPA Images and Getty Images
Meet VP Kamala Harris Big Historic Blended Multi-Cultural Family!
1. Kamala Harris' mother Shyamala Gopalan Harris
1 of 16
2. Shyamala Gopalan Harris and Donald J. Harris had two children during their marriage, Kamala and Maya.
2 of 16
3. Maya Harris shares a photo with sister Kamala
3 of 16
4. VP Kamala Harris' sister Maya went on to marry Tony West.
4 of 16
5. Kamala's sister Maya Harris has one child, Meena Harris.
5 of 16
6. Meena shares a photo with her Auntie Kamala and mother Maya6 of 16
7. Kamala's niece Meena posts a selfie with hubby Nik (Nikolas Ajagu)
7 of 16
8. Meena Harris and Nikolas Ajagu share two daughters.
8 of 16
9. VP Kamala Harris great nieces Amara and Leela were Inauguration ready!
9 of 16
10. VP Kamala Harris grandparents
10 of 16
11. Attorney Douglas Emhoff is Kamala Harris Husband.Source:Getty 11 of 16
12. Doug Emhoff has two kids, Cole and Ella, from a previous marriage.
12 of 16
13. VP Kamala Harris even invited Doug's ex-wife Kerstin Emhoff to the Inauguration!
13 of 16
14. VP Kamala Harris with her husband Doug and step children Cole and Ella.
14 of 16
15. Meet Kamala Harris mother-in-law, Barbara Emhoff
15 of 16
16. Meet Kamala Harris father-in-law Michael Emhoff
16 of 16
OHIO NEWS: Statewide Curfew to Move an Hour Back from 10 p.m. to 11 p.m. was originally published on wzakcleveland.com