According to NBC4i, In Mid June, pardon my French, all Hell is going to break loose,” Prof. David Shetlar, Professor Emeritus of Entomology at The Ohio State University said, “and they’re going to come out by the millions.”
After 17 years of hibernation, Brood X of the periodical cicadas will be coming to the surface and taking over parts of Ohio, Northern Kentucky and Eastern Indiana, including here in Columbus.
Right now there are no signs of emergence, but later in April, we will start to see the mounding of soil in spots where the Brood X are getting ready to emerge. And once they do, they’ll be hard to ignore due to not only their sound and size.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Enter To Win: SAWEETIE’s Best Friend National Sweepstakes!
- The Unhinging of (Faux) Captain America: The Falcon and The Winter Soldier Recap, Episode 4
- Rosie Perez Says She Was Never Asked to Attend the Oscars Since Her Nomination in the Mid-1990’s
- Dr. Pepper Unveils New “Zero Sugar” Soda Flavors!
- Proposed Texas Law Based on ‘Big Lie’ Advances Out of Committee
- Mictic’s Wearable Musical Device Allows You To Make Music Without Actual Instruments
- Partial Ban On No Knock Warrants Signed Into Kentucky Law After Bipartisan Compromise
- Busta Rhymes ft. Mariah Carey “Where I Belong,” Papoose “Sticks & Stones” & More | Daily Visuals 4.9.21
- #RIPDMX: In Honor Of The Legendary Dark Man X AKA DMX [Playlist]
- Isley’s Drop A New Look On Sunday Then New Music On Monday
- Long Live The Dog: DMX’s Best Guest Verses