A beloved Disney movie-turned-Broadway production is once again returning to a well-known district in Downtown Cleveland in the fall of 2021.
‘The Lion King,’ based on the blockbuster 1994 traditional animated movie and later rebooted into a photo-realistic computer-animated 2019 film, is making another appearance at Playhouse Square at one of the organization’s beloved theaters.
From WJW Fox 8 News Cleveland:
Disney Theatrical Productions and Playhouse Square announced today that tickets will go on sale Monday, June 21 at 10:00 a.m.
16 performances are scheduled at the KeyBank State Theatre starting Friday, October 1 through Friday, October 15, Tuesdays through Fridays at 8 p.m., Saturdays at 1:30 p.m. & 7:30 p.m. and Sundays at 1:00 p.m. & 6:30 p.m.
After the fall performances have been concluded, Cleveland will become the first city in North America to have ‘King’ visit for a total of five times.
This is a great way to welcome back those who have been itching to see a live, musical production for quite a while.
Click here to read more.
Article and Video Courtesy of WJW Fox 8 News Cleveland
First and Second Picture Courtesy of Jeff Spicer and Getty Images
What Makes Downtown Cleveland So Sexy?
1. Crystal Chandelierat PlayHouse SquareSource:Getty 1 of 13
2. Solar panels outside the Great Lakes Science Center.Source:Getty 2 of 13
3. The Rock And Roll Hall Of FameSource:Getty 3 of 13
4. Aerial view of downtown Cleveland's Public SquareSource:Getty 4 of 13
5. Soldiers and Sailors monument in Cleveland, Ohio, USASource:Getty 5 of 13
6. Downtown Cleveland's historic building on Public SquareSource:Getty 6 of 13
7. The exterior of Key Tower.Source:Getty 7 of 13
8.8 of 13
9. Downtown Old Stone ChurchSource:Getty 9 of 13
10.10 of 13
11. The interior of the Tower City Center.Source:Getty 11 of 13
12. Cleveland Convention Center, Cleveland, Ohio, USASource:Getty 12 of 13
13.13 of 13
LOCAL NEWS: Playhouse Square to Welcome Back ‘The Lion King’ Later This Year was originally published on wzakcleveland.com