According to NBC4i, By two metrics, Ohio’s COVID-19 cases are at their highest point of the summer so far.
The Ohio Department of Health on Monday reported 660 new coronavirus cases, the highest one-day total since May 28, which also saw 660. And last week, ODH reported 2,842 cases, the most in a Monday-Sunday period since 4,634 cases May 24-30.
With 660 new cases, Monday became the sixth day this month – and the fifth day in the last six – to see more than 400 cases. June saw four days over 400 cases, but all were early in the month.
Daily case counts are not backdated to the day of infection, but trends among these backdated “onset cases” tend to follow the raw releases. The last day Ohio saw more than 400 onset cases was June 2. But it was as recently as early- to mid-May when Ohio was recording multiple days with more than 1,000 onset cases.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Start Your Day With The Morning Hustle!
- Lee Merritt Tried To Warn Texas About Ken Paxton
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Walker v. Warnock Debate
- Herschel Walker Campaign ‘Captains’ Include Accused Capitol Rioter And Fake GOP Elector
- Brooklyn Massage Therapist Is Helping Women Prioritize Self-Care Through Massage Therapy
- Love Is Blind Now Casting In Washington, D.C. + 3 More Cities! [Apply Here]
- Shaker Hts Man, 19, Sexually Assaults Senior Citizen in South Euclid
- This Ohio City Uses More Curse Words Than Any Other City in the Country
- ‘Alternative Facts’: Kellyanne Conway Blatantly Lies About Marijuana ‘Overdose Deaths’
- St. Louis Police Union Cuts Ties With Controversial Leader Jeff Roorda
- Yung Miami Shows Off Her Killer Bod In Diddy-Branded Socks
Ohio Reaches the Highest COVID Rates This Summer Due To Delta Variant was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com