According to NBC4i, By two metrics, Ohio’s COVID-19 cases are at their highest point of the summer so far.
The Ohio Department of Health on Monday reported 660 new coronavirus cases, the highest one-day total since May 28, which also saw 660. And last week, ODH reported 2,842 cases, the most in a Monday-Sunday period since 4,634 cases May 24-30.
With 660 new cases, Monday became the sixth day this month – and the fifth day in the last six – to see more than 400 cases. June saw four days over 400 cases, but all were early in the month.
Daily case counts are not backdated to the day of infection, but trends among these backdated “onset cases” tend to follow the raw releases. The last day Ohio saw more than 400 onset cases was June 2. But it was as recently as early- to mid-May when Ohio was recording multiple days with more than 1,000 onset cases.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Start Your Day With The Morning Hustle!
- Katt Williams Weighs In On Mythical ‘Verzuz’ Against Kevin Hart
- Yung Bleu Talks Family, Cars, Music with Drake and The Moon Boy Tour
- CBS to Retool ‘The Activist’ From Competition to Documentary Following Backlash
- REPORT: ‘Jeopardy!’ Will Have Only Two Guest Hosts For The Time Being
- HHW Gaming: Razer Launches Its Most Advanced Controller Ever, The WOLVERINE V2 CHROMA Pro
- EXCLUSIVE: The Guys from Issa Rae’s ‘Sweet Life: Los Angeles’ Use Their Platform to Promote Healing
- Woman Robbed and Another Shot While Buying a Car In Akron Off Facebook
- La Batalla Continua: Red Bull Batalla 2021 U.S. Finals Occurs On September 18 In Los Angeles
- HHW Gaming: ‘Battlefield 2042’s Deployment Delayed At Least A Month
- HHW Gaming: ‘Call of Duty: Vanguard’ BETA Weekend 2 Is Live & Free-To-Play On All Platforms
Ohio Reaches the Highest COVID Rates This Summer Due To Delta Variant was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com