According to NBC4i, The Southern Ohio Medical Center (SOMC) posted the message on social media on Saturday. “This is an announcement we never wanted to make: Our ICU is at capacity,” the top of the message reads.
The post says the hospital “desperately” needs to the community’s help and explains getting vaccinated, wearing masks, and social distancing can all help. Usually when SOMC is strapped for resources, it can transfer patients to other hospitals.
Most of SOMC’s COVID patients are not vaccinated, according to Faulini. She says some have begged to get the vaccine when they’re about to be put on a ventilator.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Rock Hall Induction Week To Begin with ‘Trans-Europe Express’ Line Dance Honoring 2021 Inductee Kraftwerk
- Win Tix To 2021 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- NFL Week 5 Recap: DJ HazMatt ‘Browns vs Chargers’ Music Video
- Start Your Day With The Morning Hustle!
- Rare Legal Proceeding Examining Eric Garner’s Killing Set To Start Monday
- Prayers: Mayor Frank G. Jackson Daughter Has Passed
- Prayers: Snoop Dogg Mother Beverly Tate Has Passed
- Game-Worn Michael Jordan Nike Sneakers Sell For $1.47M In Las Vegas
- Vote Yes on 2: Minneapolis Deserves Big Change Not More Small Promises
- The Dads On Duty Group Helps Quell Violence At Louisiana High School
- ‘Lift Your Pearls & Check Your Girls’ Initiative Encourages Black Women To Take Action Against Breast Cancer
- Freeway Mourns Death Of 21-Year-Old Daughter: “This Pain Is Unimaginable”
- Beyoncé’s adidas x Ivy Park Collaborates With Peloton
- Freeway Mourns The Passing Of His Daughter Harmony
This Ohio Hospital’s ICU is Full Because of COVID-19 was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com