According to NBC4i, Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine and former Dayton Mayor Nan Whaley were projected primary winners by the Associated Press Tuesday, positioning them to compete for Ohio’s gubernatorial seat in the November general election.
The incumbent in the race, DeWine, 74, defeated his three primary challengers, former northeast Ohio congressman Jim Renacci, Canal Winchester farmer Joe Blystone and former state lawmaker Ron Hood.
DeWine’s political career began in 1980 when he was elected to serve in the Ohio State Senate, and he gradually climbed the ranks to become Ohio’s lieutenant governor, U.S. Senator for the state of Ohio and Ohio’s attorney general.
Since his election in 2018, DeWine has overseen Ohio’s COVID-19 response, making national headlines as an “early lone wolf” for being the first governor in the U.S. to shut down schools to limit the spread of the virus.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- We’re Hiring! Apply Now!
- Enter The Morning Hustle Cash Grab Game!!
- Start Your Day With The Morning Hustle!
- Investigators Believe A Former Federal Agent Knew The Buffalo Shooting Was Going To Happen And Did Nothing To Stop It
- Jig’s Up: Shoplifting Ring In NYC Is Charged With Stealing Over $4 Million In Goods
- Star Wars Celebration 2022: There Is A Lot Still Going On In A Galaxy Far, Far Away
- Yella Beezy Arrested, Linked to 2021 Sexual Assault Charge
- Excessive Force Lawsuit Claims Chicago Police Shot Unarmed 13-Year-Old Boy Who Tried To Comply
- Meghan Markle Visits Memorial for Slain TX Students
- National Hamburger Day, May 28th!
- National Grape Popsicle Day!
- Ice-T’s Daughter Chanel Still Rides In A Stroller & It’s Got Folks In Their Feelings
- Big Boi & Sleepy Brown ft. Scotty ATL “Do Ya Best,” Russ ft. Ktlyn “Handsomer Remix” & More | Daily Visuals 5.26.22
Ohio governor: Mike DeWine, Nan Whaley projected winners was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com