The Cleveland Browns have hired Jim Schwartz as the team’s new defensive coordinator.
Schwartz, who last season served as the top defensive assistant for the Tennesse Titans, will replace former DC Joe Woods. Cleveland’s defense was marginally better over the second half of last year, though they simply didn’t improve enough across the board to stop Woods from being let go.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
It’s a homecoming of sorts for the Browns new DC. His first NFL job was with Cleveland back from 1993-1995 when he was a scout under legendary Patriots coach Bill Belicheck.
Schwartz comes to Cleveland with a lot of NFL experience. Before working for Tennesse he served the defense of the Bills and Eagles, with Philly winning a Super Bowl in 2017. He also was the head coach of the Detroit Lions from 2009 to 2013.
Do you think Jim Schwartz was the right hire for the Browns?
- Start Your Day With The Morning Hustle!
- NYC Restaurant Week: Brooklyn’s KOKOMO Is Definitely A Place You Want To Go
- Danessa Myricks Beauty Launches Products That Aim To Add Hydrating Color And Luminosity To Your Beat
- DDG responds to the Internet After Breakup Speculations
- Will Damar Hamlin Ever Play Football Again? NFL Doctor Weighs In
- Report: NFL Network Pull Michael Irvin From Super Bowl Week Shows After Woman’s Complaint
- Civil Rights Leaders Demand Action In Response To President Biden’s State Of The Union
- Akron Declares February 8 ‘LeBron James Day’
- Donald Trump Re-Posts Photo Alleging Ron DeSantis Was ‘Groomer’ Of Teen Girls As High School Teacher
- Houston Man Lured To Home Via Dating App Kills Woman’s Boyfriend
- Ohio takes center stage at State of the Union