A late-night shooting in Lakewood required a victim to go to the hospital, but it could’ve been a lot worse.
Two violent incidents by the same suspect occurred at Corky’s Place at 13302 Detroit Avenue early Sunday morning.
Police say that they were called to the bar after midnight, and found the first victim to be shot in the thigh. He was taken to the hospital and treated for minor injuries. The shooting could’ve been much worse had the bullet not struck the victim’s cell phone that was in his pocket.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
The same suspect then allegedly punched another victim in the face, but this time at East End Pub at 11922 Madison Avenue. Police are still looking for the suspect, as he wasn’t at the scene when they arrived.
If you have any information on either of these incidents you are encouraged to get in touch with Lakewood police.
This story was originally reported by FOX 8. To see their report, [click here].
- Start Your Day With The Morning Hustle!
- Omega Psi Phi Revokes Membership Of Three Officers Involved In Tyre Nichols’ Death
- Justice For Anthony Lowe! Outraged Family, Activists Ask Why Cops Needed To Shoot Double Amputee
- Marjorie Taylor Greene Falsely Claims CRT Teaches Racism And 1 Illinois School Got $5.1B To Spend On Diversity
- AOC Rips GOP’s ‘Racism’ After Ilhan Omar Removed From Committee By House Republicans ‘Targeting Women Of Color’
- Whats Your African Ancestry, Igbo Culture
- The World before the Enslavement of Africans
- Russ Parr’s Black History Moment: John Mercer Langston
- “Nothing More Insulting:’ Sharpton Calls Tyre Nichols Beating A Disgrace To MLK’s Legacy
- D.L. Hughley On The Daily Show: D.L. Weighs In On Tucker Carlson & Homeschools About Hitler
- 19 Keys On The Power Of Self, Black Wealth And The Future Of AI