Community

Local Spotlight

I often do speaking engagements where I talk to the youth on how to effectively pursue their dreams. After one such engagement at Glenville High 2 young black males approached me and spoke of the difficulty they have finding employment. A few days later I was speaking with a friend who believes that the gangs […]

216, Community

In celebration of Black History Month, WKYC is partnering with Radio One, 93.1 WAZK to recognize Clevelanders who are considered future history makers. Read More

216, Community

CLEVELAND – CLEVELAND — In celebration of Black History Month, WKYC is partnering with Radio One, 93.1 WAZK to recognize Clevelanders who are considered future history makers. Read More

Community

Opening Remarks by Afternoon Drive Host DJ Knyce

Community

Join We Run This City Youth Marathon Program on Monday, February 22, 2016 as they cheer on the Cleveland Cavaliers at Quickens Loan Arena vs the Detroit Pistons. Support WRTC in this special fundraiser night of fun! Youth attendees will have the chance to HI FIVE the Cavs on the court!! Ticket prices are […]

Community

Catholic Charities Early Learning Program is now offering free Head Start and Early Head Start to low income families. These learning and development services are free for children birth to five years’ old Catholic Charities has 9 convenient centers that are Quality Rated and 4 centers that are Universal Pre-K designated. Now offering three flexible […]

cleveland-weather, Community

Tune into The Rickey Smiley Morning Show 6-10am for school closing updates. and Ro Digga -10am-3pm DJ Knyce -3pm-7pm for updates while you are making you morning and afternoon travels.   Follow me on IG:@deuceonair #Iamsomebody.

Community

During CNN’s Guns in America town hall, President Barack Obama slams the notion that he secretly wants to take away everyone’s guns, calling it “a conspiracy.” Follow me on Social media’s @deuceonair #Iamsomebody.

Community

Via | HuffPost The news broke Monday afternoon that yet another jury has declined to indict a person responsible for the unnecessary death of a black person. There was Trayvon Martin. And Michael Brown. And Sandra Bland. And now 12-year-old Tamir Rice’s killer won’t be put on trial. The message is clear: Black life in […]

Its bad enough we deal with deers in our backyards, snakes in grass, and field mic popping up in your house, but we wouldnt know what to do if we saw this! its a Dinosaur,or nah?  nah just a 5-foot Lace Goanna Lizard ! Eric Holland says….. “I was just doing a repair job in […]

Community

Via | WKYC.com Nov. 20, 2015: This weekend marks one year since 12-year-old Tamir Rice was killed by police in Cleveland. CLEVELAND — Sunday will mark one year since the tragic shooting of 12-year-old Tamir Rice. He was shot and killed by Cleveland Police Officer TImothy Loehmann in a split-second decision at the Cudell Recreation […]