Cleveland Pops Orchestra
– Severance Hall, Concert and Dance with sopranos Erin Mackey and Stephanie J. Block.; Concert at 9pm, dancing afterwards, call 216 231-1111 for reservations.
First Night Akron – Enjoy this family-friendly event in downtown Akron. In its 15th year, there will be fireworks, live entertainment, and over 70 artists; admission is $15, under 10 are free with accompanied by a button-wearing adult; the party starts at 5pm.
Jeff Dunham – Identity Crisis Tour
– see the popular comedian and ventriloquist perform;Wolstein Center
; 8pm; prices vary.
Cleveland Metroparks Zoo – Celebrate the New Year with crafts, animals, live music, refreshments, and even a traditional “ball-drop”; 10am – 1pm, free with zoo admission.
New Year’s Eve at the Blonde – Budapest Blonde, 6901 Rockside Rd; Independence; 216 328-8780; buffet, three drinks, sparkling wine for $60pp
Greenhouse Tavern New Year’s Eve Dinner
– Carnivore (meat-lovers) dinner $80; Herbivore (vegiterrean) dinner $65; wine pairing menu $50 plus tax and tip; 2038 East Fourth St., Cleveland; 216 443-0551
Nautica Queen New Year’s Eve Gala
– lavish buffet and hors d’oeurvres, two levels of entertainment, free parking, and Champagne; 8pm – 1am; call 216 696-8888 for reservations.
Mapleside Farms and Restaurant New Year’s Eve Buffet – 294 Pearl Rd., Brunswick, 330 225-5576; Buffet includes prime rib, Champagne fountain, and shrimp cocktail
Brennan’s 27th annual New Year’s Eve Party
– Brennan’s Party Center
, 13000 Triskett Rd., 216 251-2131; live music by Frank and Dean and then some, a prime rib buffet, Champagne and a top shelf bar; 7pm – 1am; $80 per person
Paladar – New Year’s Eve Party, 28601 Chagrin Blvd, Woodmere; 216 896-9020; 5pm – 2am; a la carte dinner with choice of entrees and Latin DJ.
Hard Rock Cafe
– New Year’s Eve Rockin’ Bash; 9pm to 1am; $349 per couple includes party, appetizer buffet, open bar, hotel accommodations at the Renaissance Hotel
, a shuttle to/from the hotel; brunch, and tax; party features music by “The Curve.”
John Q’s Steakhouse
– Dinner specials, including “Surf-n-Turf”, hats and noisemakers, dinner served from 4pm to 11pm; public square; 216 861-0900
House of Blues
– New Year’s Eve concert with Frontier, a tribute to Journey; 9pm; dinner and overnight packages at the Hyatt Regency are also available; call 216 523-2583 for tickets and details.
Lodge at Geneva State Park , 4888 North Broadway, Geneva-on-the-Lake; New Year’s Gala; overnight packages from $359; call 440 466-7100