A doctor who ran a “house of horrors” abortion clinic has been charged in the deaths of one woman and seven babies who prosecutors say were born alive then killed with scissors.
Dr. Kermit Gosnell, who treated mostly poor and immigrant women, was arrested Wednesday along with nine employees from his West Philadelphia Women’s Medical Society – among them a high school student who performed medial treatments with no license.
Gosnell, 69, raked in millions over 30 years performing illegal and late-term abortions, prosecutors said.
Officials described his squalid clinic like something out of a horror movie
“There were bags and bottles holding aborted fetuses were scattered throughout the building,” said Philadelphia District Attorney Seth Williams. “There were jars, lining shelves, with severed feet that he kept for no medical purpose.”
Gosnell has been named in at least 10 malpractice suits, but Williams said state regulators ignored complaints about his clinic and that the office hadn’t been inspected since 1993.
Patients endured barbaric procedures at the hands of the twisted doctor, officials charged.
Gosnell “induced labor, forced the live birth of viable babies in the sixth, seventh, eighth month of pregnancy and then killed those babies by cutting into the back of the neck with scissors and severing their spinal cord,” Williams said.
Police stumbled into the grisly scene at Gosnell’s clinic last year after responding to a drug-related complaint.
His medical license was then suspended and the clinic shut down.
With News Wire Services
Most Popular Articles
- [VIDEO]Kevin Harts Wife Says She Want Some New……..
- TEENA MARIE MEMORIAL SERVICE [PHOTOS]
- Wendy Williams: Who Knew She Had 26 Year Old Body!
- 90 Girls Pregnant at Memphis Middle/High School
- LeBron James Caught Creeping With Ciara
- Monica and Shannon Brown Are Married
- SMH: 14-Year-Old Boy Gets Gun And Kills Whole Family!
- NeNe Leakes: Is She Leaving ‘Real Housewives of Atlanta?’
- Ludacris & Girlfriend At “No Strings Attached” Premiere [PHOTOS]