Clive Davis’ annual pre-Grammy gala was an evening that included a saucy and touching tribute from Cher, sizzling performances from the likes of Mumford & Sons, Cee Lo Green and Jennifer Hudson, and the typical array of dazzling superstars in attendance.
But the moments sure to generate the most buzz came from Whitney Houston and R. Kelly: both gave performances that bordered on bizarre, with two entirely different results.
Kelly (pictured above performing at pre-Grammy event) had the A-list crowd riveted as he ran through his repertoire of classics and by the time he ended his set with his new hit, the soaring “When a Woman Loves,” he received a standing ovation.
Whitney Houston, the evening’s last performer, also got a reverential response from the audience as she came on stage, looking dazzling in a silver-sequinned dress.
But her once majestic voice, though at times showing flashes of her former brilliance, sounded weary and hoarse as she creaked through a tribute to her famous singing cousin, Dionne Warwick.
Read MORE of this report HERE.
- Jamie Foxx Dukes It Out at Usher Pre-Grammy Concert
- Update: Tisha Campbell Speaks on Lung Disease
- Golden Voice Ted Williams Says He Wasn’t Ready For Fame
- OMG: Usher Is Coming To Cleveland
- WTF: Bouncer Sues Reality TV Star For Clawing His Face! [Photos Of His Face]
- Shaq And Hoopz Reality Stars!
- Keyshia Cole Talks Defining Moment in Reality TV (VIDEO)
- “Lord Help Us” White Man Threatens Black Kids Talking To Daughter [VIDEO]
- Relationships: 10 Lies Women Tell Their Men
- Ladies How Sexy Is This? Police Discover Crack Hidden Inside Man’s Private