Glad they caught this ignorant son-of-a-b*tch.
The man alleged to be the “primary aggressor” in the brutal beating of a San Francisco Giants fan at Dodgers Stadium was arrested Sunday and ordered held on $1 million bail, Los Angeles police said.
Police said Giovanni Ramirez, 31, was taken into custody shortly after 7 a.m. after police served warrants at a home and an apartment building in connection with the assault that put Bryan Stow, a 42-year-old father of two from Santa Cruz, California, into a coma.
Stow was attacked in the stadium parking lot following the first game of the Dodgers’ and Giants’ seasons on March 31. His mother, Ann Stow, told HLN’s Jane Velez-Mitchell last week that it “was a random act of violence against somebody who was wearing Giants’ colors.”
For most of Sunday, police withheld Ramirez’s identity until his booking Sunday evening on an assault with a deadly weapon charge. In addition to Ramirez’s arrest in East Hollywood, police seized evidence and detained several others — all of whom Los Angeles police said they expected to release after they were questioned.
“This investigation is in its very early stages,” Police Chief Charlie Beck said Sunday afternoon outside the stadium. “There are at least two other suspects who we are actively looking for.”
Despite the BS the police in Los Angeles is known to be on they definitely put in work to find this guy.
More than 300 billboards — which advertise “Wanted” and “Attempted Murder at Dodger Stadium” — sprung up around the Southern California city, featuring composite sketches of the suspects. Meanwhile, a $250,000 reward including money from the Dodgers, Giants’ ace pitcher Tim Lincecum and others was offered for information that led to the beating suspects’ arrest.
Beck assigned 20 detectives to work full-time on the case, saying that as of Sunday afternoon they’d cumulatively worked more than 6,000 hours — about 1,000 of those hours on overtime.
He added that police had pursued more than 630 leads from the public and law enforcement. That included a tip from a parole officer that Beck said led to Sunday morning’s arrest.
Can’t help but wonder if the police would have put in that much work if the victim was Black, Mexican, or other some other minority group, but we digress. Hopefully it won’t be long before they catch the other cowardly a**hole that was involved.
Most Popular Articles
- VIDEO: Father Having Sex With His Daughter?
- WZAK 30th Anniversary With R. Kelly
- Smh! Ex-Wrestler Indicted for HIV-Related Charges!
- Tiny’s Twitter Hacker Breaks Up With T.I. & Threatens The White House!
- Swizz Brings His Kids Together To Celebrate Daughter’s 3rd Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Tami & Evelyn Return With More Drama In “Basketball Wives” Season 3 [PREVIEW]
- NeNe Leakes Gets Dumped, Ex-Boyfriend’s Fiance To Join “RHOA”?
- The Arnold Factor: Why Married Men Have Unprotected Sex With the Mistress
- Don’t Waste Your Money: Things hotels won’t tell you
- The New Dance Craze: Boys Debut New Dance Called Sha-Nay-Nay! [VIDEO]