T-Pain is now suing Antares, the company that makes the popular Auto-Tune effect–an effect that the singer himself used to officially endorse for the company. T-Pain ended his partnership with the company in June to start his own company and promote his own new ‘T-Pain Effect’ audio product.
The singer filed a lawsuit in United States District Court of Northern District of California yesterday (July 25), claiming that Antares is now using his image and likeness in marketing materials without his consent.
He claims in the suit that these developments could hinder the launch of his new products, due to confusion in the marketplace.
T-Pain is seeking an injunction prohibiting Antares from using his name image and likeness. He’s also seeking $1 million in damages.
Most Popular Articles
- Queen Latifah’s Girlfriend Will Take Her Back If She Kicks Her Nasty Habits
- Basketball Wives Lawsuit!
- Cleveland Serial Killer, Anthony Sowell Found Guilty
- SPOTTED: Alicia Keys, Swizz Beats & Baby Egypt [PHOTOS]
- Nas On Death Of Winehouse: “Why You Couldn’t Chill??”
- SERIAL KILLER FOUND GUILTY OF MURDERING 11 BLACK WOMEN
- Drake’s Opening Pitch at Indian’s Game [VIDEO]
- SAD: Amy Winehouse Found Dead!
- Top 10 Things Men Find Unattractive About Women (Add What You Think HERE)
- The Interview That Started The Feud
- Big Sean, Wiz Khalifa and Curren$y Working On A “Secret Project” [Video]
- Patti Labelle Praises Ledisi As Her Successor [VIDEO]
- Celebrities We’d Like to See Without Their Weaves [PHOTOS]
- Estelle Performs at Global Fusion Festival [VIDEO]
- 6 Reasons Lil Mama Deserves Respect