Kendrick Lamar Says Casting Brittany Sky In “Poetic Justice” Was Done To Bring Balance To Video Models [VIDEO]
Kendrick Lamar didn’t score Janet Jackson for his video, “Poetic Justice,” but he still managed to put together a stellar music video.
Cast in the video as Kendrick Lamar main squeeze was the lovely Brittany Sky. As the videos lead, she broke away from the seemingly traditional fair skinned video vixens that dominate today’s music videos.
“We had another girl for the lead but I had an idea where I just wanted a little bit of a darker tone [girl] in the video,“ Kendrick tells Info. Kendrick was sick of seeing only light-skinned video models. “It’s almost like a color blind industry where there’s only one type of appeal to the camera.“
“I give [Brittany] the credit, too, for just being there, and being a natural, genuine young lady. She wasn’t all in the open, trying to jump in [front] of the camera. She was cool, just chilling. I always kept in the back of my mind like ‘you don’t ever see this tone of a woman in videos. ‘” Kendrick says, “No disrespect, I love all women, period. But at the same time, I still feels like it needs that balance.”Source: hiphopwired
Check out the full interview down below.
- Lil Wayne Reveals ‘I Am Not A Human Being 2′ Tracklist
- How To Protect Yourself From HPV ?
- Ciara Sings Preview of New Single “Body Party” in Bathroom
- MTV’s Hottest MC’s In The Game Right Now Puts Meek Mill #10 Future #9 & Big Sean Above Kanye West? [Videos]
- KID CUDI Guest Star On ‘THE CLEVELAND SHOW’ [FULL EPISODE]