An NYPD cop allegedly punched his 3-year-old son in the face after “recklessly drinking,” The New York Daily News reports.
Jason Sharp, a 10-year veteran of the New York Police Department, has been suspended for 30 days and charged with third-degree assault and endangering the welfare of a child. The toddler was “hospitalized with swelling and bruising on his right eye, cheek and nose.”
The 37-year-old detective, who serves in Brooklyn’s gang unit, had been arguing with his wife early Saturday morning at their Long Island home in Nassau County when he allegedly turned his anger on their young son. During the fight, his wife went downstairs to call for help. But when she returned upstairs, she reportedly noticed that her child had been injured.
“After a few minutes I went back upstairs and found my son Connor crying with two swollen eyes which were impairing his vision and his nose and face were swollen,” she said.
The toddler reportedly told cops, “My daddy punched me in the face.” But Sharp said, “I had an argument with my wife and punched the wall, I had a few drinks today.”
Nassau County police arrested Sharp and he was arraigned over the weekend. He was later released on his own recognizance. The veteran cop has earned 14 awards during his 10 years with the NYPD. There is not history of domestic violence at his home, according to police.
- WTF! White House Petition To Make R. Kelly’s ‘Ignition’ The National Anthem Goes Viral [VIDEO]
- Whitney Houston: FBI Files Reveal Singer Was Threatened, Blackmailed & More!
- Murderer Of Original 50 Cent Wanted For A Deadly Hit-And-Run
- Kanye West Goes On Another Rant! Calls Into DJ Show To Tell All [AUDIO]
- Nas to Perform with National Symphony Orchestra at Kennedy Center