Kanye West says he’s innocent!
The rapper, who is currently facing a criminal battery suit for attacking a paparazzo, has finally responded to the charges. According to TMZ, Yeezy says he was simply acting in self defense.
“His safety was in immediate danger,” reads Kanye’s answer to the lawsuit, filed by Shawn Holley. “[He] responded to this assault by doing only those acts that were reasonably necessary for his self-defense.”
As we reported earlier:
Yeezy has been charged with criminal battery and attempted grand theft for allegedly attacking paparazzo Daniel Ramos at LAX in July.
After West told the photographer not to talk to him, Ramos’ attorney Gloria Allred claims the rapper punched her client, knocked the camera out of his hand and left him “badly injured.” The whole incident was caught on tape so it will be hard of West to deny the charges.
Sources say Yeezy could face up to a year in jail if convicted.
- Today is National Voter Registration Day & Ohio Senator Nina Turner Stops by The RSMS
- Bobby Biz Releases “First Class Livin” Official Video [WATCH]
- Kent State’s Focus on Student Success Breaks Enrollment Record
- Dr. Oz Raps with Doug E. Fresh About Exercise [VIDEO]
- Drake Dishes On The Women He Has Dated With Ellen
Check Out This Gallery
Kanye West Responds To Paparazzi Attack: ‘I Was Defending Myself!’ was originally published on hellobeautiful.com