Columbus Short is playing with fire. According to new reports, the former “Scandal” star is completely ignoring a court-issued restraining order, which forbids him from contacting his estranged wife.
During a hearing on Wednesday, Tanee McCall-Short’s lawyer claimed that the actor contacted her on at least six separate occasions. Instead of requesting the actor be held in contempt for the the alleged violations, the attorney requested to make the temporary stay-away order permanent.
The judge has yet to make a final decision in response to Columbus’ defiance. In the meanwhile, TMZ reports, the restraining order was extended to July 30th.
This was just one more incident in a sad situation that keeps getting messier and messier. As we reproted earlier, Tanee filed a restraining order against her husband of nearly nine years after he allegedly came home drunk, put a knife to her throat and threatened to end both of their lives. She filed for divorce for the third time and is seeking full legal and physical custody of their 2-year-old daughter Ayala. As a result of his bad behavior, Columbus lost his job on ABC’s hit poltical drama.
After losing his job and family, it may be time for Mr. Short to do some serious self reflecting. #imjustsaying
Check Out This Gallery
Celebrities Who’ve Survived Domestic Violence
1. La Toya JacksonSource: 1 of 21
2. Michel'leSource: 2 of 21
3. Gabrielle UnionSource: 3 of 21
4. NeNe LeakSource: 4 of 21
5. Mariah CareySource: 5 of 21
6. Whitney HoustonSource: 6 of 21
7. K. MichelleSource: 7 of 21
8. Evelyn LozadaSource: 8 of 21
9. Tina TurnerSource: 9 of 21
10. Robin GivensSource: 10 of 21
11. Claudette OrtizSource: 11 of 21
12. Halle BerrySource: 12 of 21
13. Tamar BraxtonSource: 13 of 21
14. Kelly RowlandSource: 14 of 21
15. RihannaSource: 15 of 21
16. Lisa WuSource: 16 of 21
17. Jaslene GonzalezSource: 17 of 21
18. Keke WyattSource: 18 of 21
19. Christina AguileraSource: 19 of 21
20. Erica MenaSource: 20 of 21
21. Cicely TysonSource: 21 of 21
Apparently Restraining Orders Mean Absolutely Nothing To Columbus Short was originally published on hellobeautiful.com