A petition has been started against EURweb writer Cory A. Haywood, for his Nov. 3 misogynist, racist rant against Black women entitled, “The Black Hat: Hey Sister, Feel Free To Pursue White Men, They Don’t Want You Anyway.”
I won’t link to it because it is a clear click-grab meant to incite, belittle and silence Black women who took offense to his Aug. 7 ignorant article entitled, “The Black Hat: Hey Sisters, Are White Women Stealing From Your Playbook?”
In that article Haywood had this to say:
Sisters, I realize this may be a touchy subject for many of you. However, my reason for writing this piece is not because I prefer cream over chocolate. It’s quite the contrary, actually. In fact, I’ve been humping black girls since the age of two and I’m never turning back. The truth is that I have the utmost respect for black women (well, most of ya’ll anyway). That’s why I have made it my life’s work to expose your flaws by any means necessary. Just think of it as tough love.
Like moths to flame, white girls are crowding tanning saloons, paying thousands of dollars for ass and lip injections, and replicating the finger-waving, eye-rolling, neck jerking, and sass-mouthing they see on “The Real Housewives of Atlanta.” (I’m not saying all black women demonstrate this behavior. But a lot of ya’ll do, tell the truth and shame the devil).
I know, I know. But hold on, it gets worse.
Haywood then shares his “wisdom,” explaining that White women have out-Blacked Black women, leading to an increase in “miscegenation” and an influx of multi-racial women who push sisters even further to the back of the bus.
Apparently, after Black women protested in the comment section, Haywood got all into his feelings and stopped talking about how often he “humps” Black women long enough to to tell them how no men of other races, nationalities or ethnicities would ever want them:
“…you’ve pushed me entirely too far; my patience for your Kentucky-fried ignorance has officially worn crackhead thin. Now, it’s time for all you witches to pay the piper. Apparently, the lot of you aren’t pleased with my piece on interracial dating, “Hey Sisters, Are White Women Stealing From Your Playbook?”
Let me, first, address the scathing, “ratchet” comments many of you thought tasteful to leave. (Ahem) “Sticks and stones may break my bones, but white men will never, ever, have you.” Asians wont either, nor will Hispanics, Native Americans, Middle-Easterners, or any self-respecting adult male who comes to know you. That’s right sisters, aside from cultural restraint, your rancid demeanor is critical in why they’ll never bring you home to mama or acquaint you with close friends and co-workers; and don’t even dream about walking down the aisle. That crusty, dusty, rusty little finger of yours aint worth it (to them).”
The rest of the article is typical misogynoir fare. In his obvious attempts to be emotionally exploitative, Haywood throws out every racist stereotype and statistic in order to shame Black women. He even wrote (probably while laughing maniacally because he can’t be serious) that “many” Black men are non-wealthy, unemployed cheaters, but Black women should reinforce them, not “abandon” them.
But like most (verbally) abusive men, he’s only saying these things because he loves sisters and would never “hump” anyone else. (Cue your gratitude, ladies. The man who just spewed toxic filth about Black women would probably still “hump” you, so keep hope alive.)
This is where the petition comes in. Latonia Weathers of Maryland is asking that Haywood be investigated because his obvious hatred of Black women could lead to violence. I don’t know Haywood, so can’t speak to his violent tendencies, but I can speak to his weakness.
Only a weak (Black) man treats Black women as unwanted and unlovable simply to cure his own emasculation. Only a weak (Black) man engages in shaming/possessive tactics against Black women (i.e., it doesn’t matter how I treat you, no one will care because no one else wants you).
Domestic violence culture is real. Rape culture is real.
And only a weak (Black) man thinks that attacking Black women is a revolutionary act.
Shame, shame, shame on EURweb for posting, and by doing so, supporting Haywood’s bile on a site that is allegedly for Black entertainment and empowerment.
If you were out to prove that #BlackPowerIsForBlackMen, your point is well taken.
LIKE HelloBeautiful On Facebook!
The 51 Hottest Black Men In Hollywood
1. Michael B. JordanSource:Getty 1 of 50
2. Columbus ShortSource:Getty 2 of 50
3. Jay EllisSource:Getty 3 of 50
4. Trey SongzSource:Getty 4 of 50
5. Idris ElbaSource:Getty 5 of 50
6. Isaiah MustafaSource:Getty 6 of 50
7. Derrick RoseSource:Getty 7 of 50
8. PharrellSource:Getty 8 of 50
9. T.I.Source:Getty 9 of 50
10. Charles Michael DavisSource:Getty 10 of 50
11. Colin KapernickSource:Getty 11 of 50
12. NellySource:Getty 12 of 50
13. NasSource:Getty 13 of 50
14. Terrence JSource:Getty 14 of 50
15. Lenny KravitzSource:Getty 15 of 50
16. Will SmithSource:Getty 16 of 50
17. Kendrick LamarSource:Getty 17 of 50
18. Lance GrossSource:Getty 18 of 50
19. Reggie BushSource:Getty 19 of 50
20. Damon Wayans Jr.Source:Getty 20 of 50
21. Mechad BrooksSource:Getty 21 of 50
22. MiguelSource:Getty 22 of 50
23. FutureSource:Getty 23 of 50
24. A$AP RockySource:Getty 24 of 50
25. Boris KodjoeSource:Getty 25 of 50
26. Shemar Moore26 of 50
27. Tyson BeckfordSource:Getty 27 of 50
28. President Barack ObamaSource:Getty 28 of 50
29. UsherSource:Getty 29 of 50
30. Jesse WilliamsSource:Getty 30 of 50
31. Laz AlonsoSource:Getty 31 of 50
32. Pooch HallSource:Getty 32 of 50
33. DrakeSource:Getty 33 of 50
34. Denzel WashingtonSource:Getty 34 of 50
35. Luke JamesSource:Getty 35 of 50
36. Lamman RuckerSource:Getty 36 of 50
37. Blair UnderwoodSource:Getty 37 of 50
38. Taye DiggsSource:Getty 38 of 50
39. John LegendSource:Getty 39 of 50
40. CommonSource:Getty 40 of 50
41. MaxwellSource:Getty 41 of 50
42. Morris ChestnutSource:Getty 42 of 50
43. LudacrisSource:Getty 43 of 50
44. Mack Wilds (Tristian Wilds)Source:Getty 44 of 50
45. J. ColeSource:Getty 45 of 50
46. JeremihSource:Getty 46 of 50
47. Brian White47 of 50
48. Terrence HowardSource:Getty 48 of 50
49. Derek LukeSource:Getty 49 of 50
50. Andre 3000Source:Getty 50 of 50
Petition Started Against EURweb Writer For Misogynist, Racist Rant Against Black Women was originally published on hellobeautiful.com