Viola Davis was brought to tears tonight as she accepted her well deserved trophy at the Screen Actors Guild Awards.
We all knew that Viola was going to be collecting some statuettes this award season as soon as she sauntered into our Thursday nights on “How To Get Away With Murder.” This notion was only solidified by moments like the one where she removed all of her makeup to appear completely natural in front of the camera before asking her on-camera hubby why his package was “on a dead girl’s phone.”
YASSS! She did that! So it couldn’t have come as a surprise that she snagged the SAG Award for Outstanding Performance By A Female Actor In A Drama Series. The actress, who rocked a long white gown with a halo of curls, gave a stirring speech about how much it meant to her to win the honor.
MUST READ:Viola Davis Wins Big At People’s Choice Awards & Classically Shades The New York Times
The actress, who rocked a long white gown with a halo of curls, gave a stirring speech about how much it meant to her to win the honor. For Viola, it’s not just about being recognized for her talent. It also means that she can insert herself in a narrative that once did not include women that look like her.
“When I tell my daughter stories at night, enviably a few things happen. Number one, I use my imagination. I always start with life and i build from there,” Viola began. “And then the other thing that happens…she always says, ‘Mommy can you put me in the story?’”
She added, “I’d like to thank Paul Lee, Shonda Rhimes, Besty Beers…and Pete Nowalk…for thinking that a sexualized, messy, mysterious woman could be a 49-year-old, dark-skinned African-American woman who looks like me.”
Viola also made sure to thank everyone that loves her exactly the way she is (no matter how “classically beautiful” the New York Times deems her to be).
Viola Davis Finally Went Wigless On ‘How To Get Away With Murder’ And It Was A Powerful Moment!
Viola Davis Reveals She Depended On Wigs To Feel Beautiful After Developing Alopecia
Lupita Nyong’o Regally Rocks Braids To 2015 SAG Awards & We’re In Awe!
Viola Davis Delivers Deeply Emotional Acceptance Speech At 2015 SAG Awards [VIDEO] was originally published on hellobeautiful.com
Also On Z 107.9:
See The Kardashian/Jenners Dramatic Transformation Over 10 Years
24 photos Launch gallery
1. When KUWTK premiered in 2007, the Kardashian/Jenner klan was still bright eyed and bushy tailed.
1 of 24
2. Kim Kardashian
2 of 24
3. Back then, she was known as the girl from the sex tape and barely knew how to pose of the red carpet.
3 of 24
4. Kim’s Love Life
4 of 24
5. Kim & Kourtney Kardashian before KUWTK debuted (2006)
5 of 24
6. Kourtney Kardashian
6 of 24
7. But her tumultuous relationship with Scott Disick kept fans interested in her story.
7 of 24
8. 3 kids and 10 years later, hot mama Kourt is single and ready to mingle.
8 of 24
9. Khloe Kardashian
9 of 24
10. We watched her fall in love and marry Lamar Odom within 30 days — and divorce him four years later
10 of 24
11. We also saw her try to get her mojo back with some of the hottest rappers and athletes in the game after a difficult divorce.
11 of 24
12. These days, the rumoured mom-to-be is spending her days in Cleveland with boyfriend Tristan Thompson.
12 of 24
13. Kim Kardashian, Kylie Jenner, Kendall Jenner (2007)
13 of 24
14. Kendall Jenner
14 of 24
15. Back in 2013, Kendall decided to take her love for modeling seriously and now she’s the most sought after supermodel in the game.
15 of 24
16. Kylie Jenner
16 of 24
17. But about six years into the show, the rumoured mom-to-be proved that she had the potential to be the new star of the family.
17 of 24
18. Rob Kardashian
18 of 24
19. Rob Kardashian And Blac Chyna
19 of 24
20. Kris Jenner
20 of 24
21. Kris and Caitlyn Jenner
21 of 24
22. Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble
22 of 24
23. Bruce Jenner
23 of 24
24. Caitlyn Jenner
24 of 24