Bruce Jenner touched many lives last month, as he revealed her journey into becoming a woman in an interview with Diane Sawyer, and now we’re getting a larger perspective on how his life will change.
In a two-part special for Keeping Up With The Kardashians: About Bruce, the former decathlon winner will let us watch him reveal the news to his family members, and things get emotional.
The first official promo for the episode is here, and it gives us a glimpse of how tough the news has been on Kendall Jenner, who remarks, “I just don’t like when people say Bruce is gonna be gone.” Bruce replies back, “I’m not going anywhere.”
The special also has Bruce revealing how difficult it’s been to summon the courage of telling his family, stating, “I don’t think I’ve ever been as scared in my life as I was to be extraordinarily honest with my kids.”
The two-part special airs next weekend on May 17th and May 18th on E! Get a first look above.
VIDEO CREDIT: Hollywood Reporter
12 Interesting Facts About Bruce Jenner
1. Though he would eventually prove to be great at sports, Bruce lost his passion for academics early on in life due to his struggle with dyslexia. He went on to flunk the second grade.Source:Splash News 1 of 10
2. It was not a surprise that Bruce Jenner excelled at athletics, as his father competed in the 1945 U.S. Army Olympics, bringing home a silver medal, and his grandfather ran in the Boston Marathon many times.Source:Getty 2 of 10
3. Bruce Jenner might spend all of his time in Malibu now, but he was born in Mount Kisco, New York on October 18th, 1949.Source:Getty 3 of 10
4. After becoming an Olympic gold medalist in the 1970s, he was propelled into fame - Bruce is quoted as saying in part: "What I was hiding was that I had the same mindset as the nervous dyslexic schoolboy hiding from my teacher."Source:Getty 4 of 10
5. Though Bruce didn't have much interest in academics, he did go to college - mostly as a way to avoid getting drafted into the army.Source:Getty 5 of 10
6. According to Bruce, in 1990, he was living "in a one-bedroom Los Angeles bungalow, my sink piled high with dirty dishes and my living room decorated with a dried-out Christmas tree."Source:Getty 6 of 10
7. Things turned around for Bruce when he met Kris. So it's no surprise, they married just 5 months after they met in 1990.Source:Getty 7 of 10
8. Bruce is the proud owner of Bruce Jenner Aviation, a company that sells model aircrafts, as well as aircraft parts.Source: 8 of 10
9. Bruce recently admitted to the world that he's had a life-long struggle with gender, and will be transitioning into a woman. His entire family supports him.Source: 9 of 10
10. Bruce Jenner's net worth is reportedly more than 3x that of Kris Jenner's, and is estimated to currently be at about $100 million.Source:Getty 10 of 10
Check out promo video of ‘Keeping Up With The Kardashians: About Bruce’ Special was originally published on globalgrind.com