PEOPLE confirmed today that father Bobby Brown flew his daughter to Chicago to be evaluated by experts before moving Bobbi to hospice care, as a last effort to save her. Brown has been in a medically induced coma for months, struggling for her life.
Meanwhile, Gordon is facing scrutiny after Brown’s conservators filed a complaint against him, accusing him of domestic abuse and stealing $11,000 from her. He’s lawyering up, and he’s got the best of the best on his side.
Gordon recruited Jose Baez, the attorney who won an acquittal for Casey Anthony in her 2011 murder trial, and investigator TJ Ward, who worked on the Natalee Holloway disappearance. The two join Joe Habachy and Randy Kessler, who have represented Gordon for several months. Their goal: to find out what really happened the day Brown was found unresponsive.
Ward’s executive assistant, Eli Benton, told PEOPLE:
“We do know that other individuals were present at the time of when the emergency personnel were brought in…TJ will be trying to establish who was present and what their role was.”
Though Brown’s case is currently being reviewed, Fulton County District Attorney Paul L. Howard Jr. claims the case is not related to the civil suit against Gordon. Even so, Gordon said he is “concerned” about his legal issues, though he still asserts his innocence.
A close relative defended him, saying that Gordon and his family feel he’s been made a scapegoat in this absolute tragedy: “It’s scary for him, because he hasn’t done anything wrong. He is completely innocent.”
Stay tuned for further details as they become available.
SOURCE: PEOPLE | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Bobbi Kristina Through The Years (PHOTOS)
1. Bobby Brown, singer Whitney Houston, and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown arrive to Los Angeles on June 9, 1993.1 of 25
2. Whitney Houston, singer Bobby Brown, and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown attend Bobby Brown's 25th Birthday Party on February 4, 1994 at Tavern on the Green.2 of 25
3. Bobby Brown and daughter Bobbi Kristina circa March 1994.3 of 25
4. Bobby Brown, singer Whitney Houston, and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown arrive from New York City on June 18, 1995.4 of 25
5. Mommy's girl! Whitney Houston and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown depart for New York City on July 1, 1995 at Los Angeles International Airport.5 of 25
6. Singer Whitney Houston and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown attend "The Preacher's Wife" premiere together in New York City on December 9, 1996.6 of 25
7. Whitney Houston, Bobby Brown, & Bobbi at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills circa October '98.7 of 25
8. Daughter Bobbi walks the carpet with her mother Whitney Houston in March of 1999.8 of 25
9. Whitney Houston with her daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown and husband Bobbi Brown onstage during a concert on July 16, 1999.9 of 25
10. Whitney Houston kisses her daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown during the 1st Annual BET Awards on June 19, 2001.10 of 25
11. Bobby, Whitney, and Bobbi pose for a flick at he 2002 VH1 Divas show.11 of 25
12. Whitney, Bobby, and Bobbi smile during Praise Power in 2003.12 of 25
13. The Browns posed with Mickey and Minnie at "The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement" premiere.13 of 25
14. Bobbi Kristina Brown and Whitney Houston perform in Central Park on September 1, 2009.14 of 25
15. Bobbi and Whitney wore all black to the 2009 American Music Awards.15 of 25
16. Bobbi hugs her mother at the 2011 Pre-GRAMMY Gala and Salute To Industry Icons Honoring David Geffen.16 of 25
17. Whitney Houston and her daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown arrive at Kelly Price & Friends Unplugged: For The Love Of R&B GRAMMY Party.17 of 25
18. Bobbi Kristina arriving at Whigham Funeral Home for a private viewing for her mother, Whitney Houston.18 of 25
19. Pat Houston and Bobbi Kristina Brown accept the Millennium Award on behalf of Whitney Houston onstage at the 2012 Billboard Music Awards.19 of 25
20. Bobbi Kristina and Nick Gordon at the premiere of "Sparkle" at Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood.20 of 25
21. Bobbi salutes the poster for her mother's movie during the premiere of "Sparkle" at Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood.21 of 25
22. Bobbi Kristina at the We Will Always Love You: A GRAMMY Salute to Whitney event.22 of 25
23. Cissy Houston and Bobbi Kristina Brown attend "The Houstons: On Our Own" Series Premiere Party at the Tribeca Grand Hotel in NYC.23 of 25
24. Nick Gordon kisses Bobbi Kristina Brown at "The Houstons: On Our Own" series premiere party.24 of 25
25. Bobbi Kristina Brown attends the GRAMMY Gift Lounge during the 56th Grammy Awards at Staples Center.25 of 25
Nick Gordon Lawyers Up After Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Case Is Reviewed was originally published on globalgrind.com