It’s safe to say “Freedom” has reached a whole new level.
Pharrell is just one of many artists who hopped on board the Apple Music train, offering hip-hop lovers across the country a brand new music platform to get what’s new and what’s hot.
The 42-year-old artist officially showcased his brand new business endeavor with the release of a new music video for the track “Freedom,” which he’s been playing live – although we haven’t heard the studio version until today. Though the singer-songwriter is technically signed with Apple, he did everyone a solid by uploading the new single to YouTube for us all to enjoy.
The song pretty much defines what one might call a “Pharrell classic” – it’s a funky, feel good, and bouncy as expected. But the music video is anything but ordinary, taking viewers around the world to various spots and scenes, from New York City to a sweatshop in China.
Have a look at the must-watch music video above if you missed its first drop on Apple.
SOURCE: Hot New Hip Hop | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty | VIDEO CREDIT: YouTube
Every Time Pharrell Williams Was A Trendsetter
16 photos Launch gallery
1. Bape became successful thanks in large part to Pharrell's co-sign early on.
1 of 16
2. Bape, BBC, and Ice Cream had the co-sign from Kanye West.
2 of 16
3. Pharrell made being a N.E.R.D. cool.
3 of 16
4. Letterman jackets would become a staple in Pharrell's clothing line.
4 of 16
5. Pharrell rocking Billionaire Boys Club, his successful clothing brand.
5 of 16
6. Before there were Yeezys, there were Ice Creams.
6 of 16
7. He dubbed this oversized, bright purple Hermes as his "travel bag."
7 of 16
8. Remember when Pharrell had people of all ages attempting the Star Trek symbol?
8 of 16
9. High fashion fur at a Moncler show.
9 of 16
10. His Louis Vuitton scarf was pretty dope.
10 of 16
11. Pharrell has always cleaned up nice.
11 of 16
12. Ice Cream craze.
12 of 16
13. Before Lil Wayne was skateboarding, Pharrell was and reppin' it hard.
13 of 16
14. The infamous Pharrell hat.
14 of 16
15. Back in the day, Pharrell's signature style included trucker hats.
15 of 16
16. When his pants were shorter than his wife's on the red carpet.
16 of 16