President Obama has made a statement regarding to tragic mass shooting at Oregon’s Umpqua Community College earlier today.
The horrific incident resulted in the deaths of at least 10 students, with multiple injuries reported, as well as the death of 20-year-old male gunman.
During a speech earlier this evening, Obama gave an emotional statement regarding the mass shooting, expressing sadness and anger, as this is his 15th address of a mass school shooting during his presidency.
He stated, “This is a political choice that we make to allow this to happen every few months in America. We collectively are answerable to those families who lose their loved ones because of our inaction.”
“Somehow this has become routine. The reporting is routine. My response here at this podium ends up routine … We have become numb to this,” he continued.
Obama also stressed that gun laws need to be changed in order to help prevent future incidents such as this one. “Each time this happens, I am going to say we are going to have to do something about it — and we are going to have to change our laws,” he stated.
He concluded, “This is not something I can do myself.”
Watch the full speech from President Obama above, which begins around the 14-minute mark.
SOURCE: CNN | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
President Obama Responds To Oregon Mass Shooting: “We’ve Become Numb To This” was originally published on globalgrind.com
Also On Z 107.9:
See The Kardashian/Jenners Dramatic Transformation Over 10 Years
24 photos Launch gallery
1. When KUWTK premiered in 2007, the Kardashian/Jenner klan was still bright eyed and bushy tailed.
1 of 24
2. Kim Kardashian
2 of 24
3. Back then, she was known as the girl from the sex tape and barely knew how to pose of the red carpet.
3 of 24
4. Kim’s Love Life
4 of 24
5. Kim & Kourtney Kardashian before KUWTK debuted (2006)
5 of 24
6. Kourtney Kardashian
6 of 24
7. But her tumultuous relationship with Scott Disick kept fans interested in her story.
7 of 24
8. 3 kids and 10 years later, hot mama Kourt is single and ready to mingle.
8 of 24
9. Khloe Kardashian
9 of 24
10. We watched her fall in love and marry Lamar Odom within 30 days — and divorce him four years later
10 of 24
11. We also saw her try to get her mojo back with some of the hottest rappers and athletes in the game after a difficult divorce.
11 of 24
12. These days, the rumoured mom-to-be is spending her days in Cleveland with boyfriend Tristan Thompson.
12 of 24
13. Kim Kardashian, Kylie Jenner, Kendall Jenner (2007)
13 of 24
14. Kendall Jenner
14 of 24
15. Back in 2013, Kendall decided to take her love for modeling seriously and now she’s the most sought after supermodel in the game.
15 of 24
16. Kylie Jenner
16 of 24
17. But about six years into the show, the rumoured mom-to-be proved that she had the potential to be the new star of the family.
17 of 24
18. Rob Kardashian
18 of 24
19. Rob Kardashian And Blac Chyna
19 of 24
20. Kris Jenner
20 of 24
21. Kris and Caitlyn Jenner
21 of 24
22. Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble
22 of 24
23. Bruce Jenner
23 of 24
24. Caitlyn Jenner
24 of 24