Bobbi Kristina‘s aunt, Pat Houston recently did her first interview with Entertainment Tonight, five months after the passing of her niece.
She confirmed recent reports that Bobbi Kristina had issues with substance abuse prior to her death. “When we really found out that Krissy was in trouble, we were really making plans to do something about it…but it came too late” Pat says of the family’s plans to stage an intervention and send Bobbi to rehab.
Pat’s acknowledgment as well as friend’s of Bobbi’s who claim to have seen her do drugs may help Nick Gordon‘s current legal battle. He’s being accused of injecting his former girlfriend with a “toxic drug cocktail” prior to her being found unresponsive in a bathtub.
In a statement to ET following Pat’s interview, his lawyer shared, “Nick has been heartbroken and destroyed over the loss of his love and it’s shameful that such baseless allegations have been presented publicly.”
“Nick has engaged civil counsel and intends to defend the lawsuit vigorously and expose it for what it is: a fictitious assault against the person who loved Krissy most” read the statement.
Prior to Bobbi’s death, Pat filed a restraining order against Nick in fear he was harming her. “I really tried to show her [that] I’m going to do this to let you know that you don’t have to be afraid of anything. I got you” she said.
When asked by ET’s Kevin Fraizer, what she would say to Bobbi if she were still alive, Pat shared, “You have to love yourself. You have to call on people and not allow someone to divide you and then conquer you.”
Unfortunately, we’re not sure what more there is to know about Bobbi Kristina’s untimely death. It seems as if everything is speculation. While she and Nick Gordon didn’t have the healthiest relationship, we wonder if Pat and the Houston/Brown family are in denial about Bobbi’s culpability in her own death.
Is the family’s lawsuit against Nick Gordon doing more harm than good? Should the family just try to grieve and heal as opposed to continue with legal proceedings that could drag out for years?
Whitney Houston To Return As A Hologram & Pat Houston Can’t Wait To Make It Happen
PM BUZZ: Bobbi K’ s Drug Past Revealed, ‘LHHH’ Stars Have Domestic Dispute & More…
Also On Z 107.9:
See The Kardashian/Jenners Dramatic Transformation Over 10 Years
24 photos Launch gallery
1. When KUWTK premiered in 2007, the Kardashian/Jenner klan was still bright eyed and bushy tailed.
1 of 24
2. Kim Kardashian
2 of 24
3. Back then, she was known as the girl from the sex tape and barely knew how to pose of the red carpet.
3 of 24
4. Kim’s Love Life
4 of 24
5. Kim & Kourtney Kardashian before KUWTK debuted (2006)
5 of 24
6. Kourtney Kardashian
6 of 24
7. But her tumultuous relationship with Scott Disick kept fans interested in her story.
7 of 24
8. 3 kids and 10 years later, hot mama Kourt is single and ready to mingle.
8 of 24
9. Khloe Kardashian
9 of 24
10. We watched her fall in love and marry Lamar Odom within 30 days — and divorce him four years later
10 of 24
11. We also saw her try to get her mojo back with some of the hottest rappers and athletes in the game after a difficult divorce.
11 of 24
12. These days, the rumoured mom-to-be is spending her days in Cleveland with boyfriend Tristan Thompson.
12 of 24
13. Kim Kardashian, Kylie Jenner, Kendall Jenner (2007)
13 of 24
14. Kendall Jenner
14 of 24
15. Back in 2013, Kendall decided to take her love for modeling seriously and now she’s the most sought after supermodel in the game.
15 of 24
16. Kylie Jenner
16 of 24
17. But about six years into the show, the rumoured mom-to-be proved that she had the potential to be the new star of the family.
17 of 24
18. Rob Kardashian
18 of 24
19. Rob Kardashian And Blac Chyna
19 of 24
20. Kris Jenner
20 of 24
21. Kris and Caitlyn Jenner
21 of 24
22. Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble
22 of 24
23. Bruce Jenner
23 of 24
24. Caitlyn Jenner
24 of 24