Missy Elliott is back like she never left.
Just days before Halloween, Missy Elliott shared a snippet of her new Pharrell-assisted single “WTF (Where They From)” and now, she’s premiering the full version of “WTF” along with a dope music video.
Teaming up with longtime collaborator and director Dave Meyers, Missy and an army of dancers hit the streets of New York City to create another iconic dance video. Unfortunately, Pharrell couldn’t make the shoot, but Missy, who co-directed, came up with the idea to use a puppet created in Skateboard P’s likeness to perform his part.
No word on if Missy is releasing an album anytime soon, but whispers indicate she’ll drop a project sometime in 2016. In the meantime, you can catch her on Janet Jackson‘s comeback album, Unbreakable.
Watch Missy Elliott and Pharrell’s new video up top.
PHOTO CREDIT: Twitter
Every Time Pharrell Williams Was A Trendsetter
16 photos Launch gallery
1. Bape became successful thanks in large part to Pharrell's co-sign early on.
1 of 16
2. Bape, BBC, and Ice Cream had the co-sign from Kanye West.
2 of 16
3. Pharrell made being a N.E.R.D. cool.
3 of 16
4. Letterman jackets would become a staple in Pharrell's clothing line.
4 of 16
5. Pharrell rocking Billionaire Boys Club, his successful clothing brand.
5 of 16
6. Before there were Yeezys, there were Ice Creams.
6 of 16
7. He dubbed this oversized, bright purple Hermes as his "travel bag."
7 of 16
8. Remember when Pharrell had people of all ages attempting the Star Trek symbol?
8 of 16
9. High fashion fur at a Moncler show.
9 of 16
10. His Louis Vuitton scarf was pretty dope.
10 of 16
11. Pharrell has always cleaned up nice.
11 of 16
12. Ice Cream craze.
12 of 16
13. Before Lil Wayne was skateboarding, Pharrell was and reppin' it hard.
13 of 16
14. The infamous Pharrell hat.
14 of 16
15. Back in the day, Pharrell's signature style included trucker hats.
15 of 16
16. When his pants were shorter than his wife's on the red carpet.
16 of 16