President Barack Obama addressed his GOP critics at the G20 Turkey Leaders Summit Monday, telling them not to “pop off” over his handling of Syrian refugees and the Islamic State.
Obama stood by his decision to allow entry to 10,000 Syrian refugees in the next fiscal year, The Washington Post reports. He also said he plans to stand by the American people and protect them, even if that means taking a few blows from the GOP.
“The people who are fleeing Syria are the most harmed by terrorism…they are parents, they are children, they are orphans,” Obama said. “It is very important that we do not close our hearts to these victims of such violence and somehow start equating the issue of refugees with the issue of terrorism.”
The latest attacks by the Islamic State occurred over the weekend in Paris, France. On Thursday, in Beirut, Lebanon, two suicide bombers also took the lives of 40 people.
What drew the most attention during Obama’s G20 speech was his blunt approach to his critics. The president told reporters and fellow world leaders that any naysayer who continues to “pop off” can come see him to present a specific plan better than his.
Twitter responded with joy because, well, Obama kept it all the way real.
Jokes aside, the president’s tense address also included plans to effectively address climate change.
SOURCE: The Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal | VIDEO CREDIT: Inform, Twitter
Mastermind Of Paris Attack Named, Officials Conduct Anti-Terrorism Raids
Pray For Paris: 14 Heartbreaking Photos Following The Attacks
Don’t Miss Our Hottest Stories! Get The NewsOne Flip App for iPhone: Flip, Skip — Or Send Us a Tip!
President Obama Slams Critics Who “Pop Off” At His Campaign Against ISIS was originally published on newsone.com
Also On Z 107.9:
See The Kardashian/Jenners Dramatic Transformation Over 10 Years
24 photos Launch gallery
1. When KUWTK premiered in 2007, the Kardashian/Jenner klan was still bright eyed and bushy tailed.
1 of 24
2. Kim Kardashian
2 of 24
3. Back then, she was known as the girl from the sex tape and barely knew how to pose of the red carpet.
3 of 24
4. Kim’s Love Life
4 of 24
5. Kim & Kourtney Kardashian before KUWTK debuted (2006)
5 of 24
6. Kourtney Kardashian
6 of 24
7. But her tumultuous relationship with Scott Disick kept fans interested in her story.
7 of 24
8. 3 kids and 10 years later, hot mama Kourt is single and ready to mingle.
8 of 24
9. Khloe Kardashian
9 of 24
10. We watched her fall in love and marry Lamar Odom within 30 days — and divorce him four years later
10 of 24
11. We also saw her try to get her mojo back with some of the hottest rappers and athletes in the game after a difficult divorce.
11 of 24
12. These days, the rumoured mom-to-be is spending her days in Cleveland with boyfriend Tristan Thompson.
12 of 24
13. Kim Kardashian, Kylie Jenner, Kendall Jenner (2007)
13 of 24
14. Kendall Jenner
14 of 24
15. Back in 2013, Kendall decided to take her love for modeling seriously and now she’s the most sought after supermodel in the game.
15 of 24
16. Kylie Jenner
16 of 24
17. But about six years into the show, the rumoured mom-to-be proved that she had the potential to be the new star of the family.
17 of 24
18. Rob Kardashian
18 of 24
19. Rob Kardashian And Blac Chyna
19 of 24
20. Kris Jenner
20 of 24
21. Kris and Caitlyn Jenner
21 of 24
22. Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble
22 of 24
23. Bruce Jenner
23 of 24
24. Caitlyn Jenner
24 of 24