- Makes 2 dozen cupcakes
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon lime zest
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 2 medium limes)
- 2¼ cups cake flour (not self-rising)
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1¼ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2¼ cups sugar
- 3 eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two 12-cup muffin pans with cupcake liners and set aside.
2. Zest the limes and set zest aside. Juice 1/4 cup lime juice and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, sift together the cake flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
4. Combine the buttermilk and lime juice in a large measuring cup with a spout. Set aside.
Recipe courtesy of
For complete recipe visit: http://cupcakesandcashmere.com/recipes/margarita-cupcakes-recipe
Please Drink Avión responsibly. Avión Silver voted “Best Tequila” at 2012 San Francisco World Spirits Competition. Tequila Avión 40% Alc./Vol