With Leah finishing her last treatment last night, I can really say my daughter BEAT CANCER! Words can't describe how proud I am of this girl. No matter how hard it got or how painful the treatments were (and it was pretty bad a lot of the times) she never gave up! I want to thank everyone who followed us as I documented her fight on social media. The amount of support we received was beyond amazing! I can honestly say that you all made a big difference. Every time we received bad news or felt like it was coming to a point were we couldn't fight anymore, I would go to the comments you all wrote cheering us on and it would make us fight so much harder. I ask that since Leah's fight is at the end that you follow other families journeys and cheer them on just as you did us! My advice to any family going through this battle: no matter how hard it gets, no matter what the doctors tell you, always remain positive! Speak victory into existence. Give your child's fight with cancer a purpose. Use it to raise awareness so that you can help all kids fighting this disease. No matter how big or small your platform/following is, you will reach that one family that just needs to know they're not alone in the fight so they don't give up. drop to your knees everyday and pray. I was never a big spiritual person but I always believed in God and knew who to turn to in the time of need. Keeping faith that God will see you through doesn't make the battle easier but it makes winning possible! It gives you back the hope that is stripped away from you every time you watch your kid endure the pain from the treatments and the bad news you often receive from the doctors. #LEAHSTRONG #STILLSTRONG
Devon, who recently signed with the Houston Texans to play the defensive tackle position, informed us all that his daughter, Leah, was diagnosed with cancer in 2014 — she was only four years old. For months, we watched and supported the Still family during their trips to the hospital and witnessed Leah’s roller coaster health.
After all of the treatments and doctor visits, as Devon recalled in an Instagram photo, “41 days of chemotherapy, 40 days of antibody therapy, 19 days of radiation and one seven-hour surgery,” Leah was officially declared cancer free by her doctors in March and finished her last treatment Monday night.
Emotional, and rightfully so, Devon celebrated quite possibly the biggest and most-fulfilling win on Instagram with a beautifully-worded passage.
2015 Memorable Instagram Moments
1. In a flashback post, Beyonce shared an outtake from her 2013 Vogue shoot. She deemed Blue the "real cover girl" and the photo received over 2.3 million likes.Source:Instagram 1 of 15
2. Kim Kardashian let her haters have it in this naked selfie.Source:Instagram 2 of 15
3. Any time Taylor Swift posts a photo with her cats, it's bound to get millions of likes. This one received over 2.3 million.Source:Instagram 3 of 15
4. This one of Meredith got 2.4 million likes.Source:Instagram 4 of 15
5. And her waking up like this got her 2.2 million likes.Source:Instagram 5 of 15
6. Every photo of North West on IG is adorable, but this one melted our hearts. It received just over 1.7 million likes.Source:Instagram 6 of 15
7. Nicki Minaj shut down the 'Gram with this photo of her and Beyonce behind the scenes of their video for "Feeling Myself."Source:Instagram 7 of 15
8. Chris Brown became a dad this year and named his album after his daughter. #RoyaltySource:Instagram 8 of 15
9. Ciara rounded up the girls for her Halloween party and social media went crazy.Source:Instagram 9 of 15
10. Fetty Wap surpassed his biggest dreams this year. And we're sure this wasn't even one of them.Source:Instagram 10 of 15
11. Bey and Blue wished everyone a bee-autiful Valentine's Day.Source:Instagram 11 of 15
12. She even coined the term "Milf'n" this year.Source:Instagram 12 of 15
13. Kylie turned 18 this year and her then-secret boyfriend Tyga wished her a happy birthday with this racy pic.Source:Instagram 13 of 15
14. Zendaya's thoughtful IG response to Giuliana Rancic showed us that her clapback game was classy, yet real.Source:Instagram 14 of 15
15. Jay Z joined and quit Instagram in less than 24 hours. Classic.Source:Instagram 15 of 15