CLOSE
0 reads
Leave a comment

Via Huffington Post:

Uber has no plans to change its screening procedures or make a promised “panic button” available to U.S. riders after one of its drivers was charged with killing six people and attempting to kill two others Saturday in a shooting spree in Kalamazoo, Michigan, the transportation giant’s top security official said Monday.

“No background check process would have flagged and anticipated this situation,” Uber security chief Joe Sullivan said in a conference call with reporters. And the “panic button” — a feature the company uses in India and announced last year it would implement in Chicago — won’t be coming to the U.S. anytime soon, Sullivan added.

Uber performs background checks on drivers, and its mobile app allows users and their drivers to rate one another. Jason Dalton, the suspected shooter, did not have a criminal record and passed the background check. He was approved to be a driver on Jan. 25, and gave just over 100 rides, earning a 4.73 out of 5 rating on the app. Some riders had lodged complaints against him.

Keep reading on this post – [HERE].

Do you agree with Uber?

Follow RoDigga @RoDigga on Twitter/Instagram/FaceBook and be sure to tune in weekdays 10am-3pm on Z1079!

Also On Z 107.9:
See The Kardashian/Jenners Dramatic Transformation Over 10 Years
24 photos
comments – add yours
×