Michael B. Jordan just leveled up in a big way. Jordan is set to be a producer and star in a remake of The Thomas Crown Affair. Joe and Anthony Russo, directors of The Avengers and Captain America: Civil War, have joined him in what is being called a “star vehicle” for Jordan. The movie will be a remake of the 1968 classic that has been played by legendary actors like Steve McQueen and Pierce Brosnan.
“Jordan will take on the role of a master thief that was first played by Steve McQueen, and then later by Pierce Brosnan. He’s a debonair, adventuresome bank robber who believes he has pulled off the perfect multimillion-dollar heist, until forced to match wits with a sexy insurance investigator who’ll do anything to get her man. He becomes smitten with her. Faye Dunaway played that role in the original, and Rene Russo played it opposite Brosnan.”
While the Russo brothers won’t direct the movie themselves, they’ll help MGM find a director and shape the movie to maximize Jordan’s potential. The remake is said to “have a contemporary political resonance, and they sparked to Jordan playing that role.”
There is no release date or window at this time.
SOURCE: Deadline | PHOTO: Getty
Concrete Catwalk: 15 Pictures Of Michael B. Jordan Looking Smooth, Suave, & Dapper
1. Michael B. Jordan brought his mother, Donna Jordan, to the NAACP Image Awards in 2014.Source:Getty 1 of 8
2. Who will be the lucky lady on Michael's arm this year?Source:Getty 2 of 8
3. One thing's for sure: he cleans up nicely.Source:Getty 3 of 8
4. No matter what he puts on, his handsome features are basically undeniable.Source:Getty 4 of 8
5. So GQ!Source:Getty 5 of 8
6. It's no surprise that he's been dubbed Michael "Bae" Jordan.Source:Splash News 6 of 8
7. Are you feeling this look?Source:Rich Polk/Getty Images Entertainment/Getty Images 7 of 8
8. Smooth and suave.Source:Getty 8 of 8
#MCM Michael B. Jordan Gets Russo Brothers For ‘The Thomas Crown Affair’ was originally published on globalgrind.com